ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK general visitor visa - not sponsoring

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mbr
Newly Registered

UK general visitor visa - not sponsoring

Post by mbr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi,

My friend came from india to czech republic on company work and living there for last 1 year. He's Inidan passport holder & has cech republic visa.

He would like to visit UK during this christmas along with family.

I 'm British citizen living in UK. I can arrange accommodation in my house for my friend's visit. But, I 'm not the sponsor of the visit.

In this case could some one suggest me list of documents I need to send from my side. Do I really need to send my 6 months pay slips & 6 months bank statements, even though I 'm not sponsor ?

regards
mbr

ban.s

Re: UK general visitor visa - not sponsoring

Post by ban.s » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:38 pm

if you are not sponsoring their trip financially, then you don't need to provide any financial documents.
but then if they are staying at your place, then the question comes whether you would be providing them food along with lodging or they would be paying for their food? will they share the food cost?

they infact don't need any documents from you and can submit application independently on the basis of their finance without involving you (better option in my opinion)

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/d ... st-provide