ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk general visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mk1216
Newly Registered

Uk general visitor visa

Post by mk1216 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:29 am

Hi.

I had applied general visitor visa for my grandmother to visit uk for 6 months. The application has been rejected for insufficient information to demonstrate family ties in India. My grandmother is a senior citizen receiving basic pension from the government. She stays with her son in Bangalore and there is no other specific income as all needs are taken care by family.

Documents provided earlier:
Bank statement, voter I'd, Adhar card, ration card

I am a permanent resident in the uk and will be sponsoring the visit. Please see below the refusal letter text. I am now a planning to reapply with additional documents such as pension, property in son's name. Please advise if any additional documents are necessary.

"I would expect to see some indication of personal circumstances, whilst you have provided a bank statement, you have provided no evidence such as property owner ships, pension or other income receipts or evidence of the dependent family to confirm your ties to India as claimed by you. In consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to India."

Also I am not sure what documents to provide to show financially dependency on family(son). Please advise.

ban.s

Re: Uk general visitor visa

Post by ban.s » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 am

family member (son) should also provide a letter confirming his relationship with the applicant, that he looks after the applicant and he'd to continue to do so after her return. You haven't mentioned your relationship with this family member.
Voter, adhar, ration cards are not relevant to the applicant and add no value.

mk1216
Newly Registered

Re: Uk general visitor visa

Post by mk1216 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi, yes i am planning to include a letter from my uncle (grandmother's son). And also include his income and property details. But I am not sure if that will satisfy the requirement for social/economic ties.

Please advice if any other documents to be included as well.