ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Marriage Visitor Visa for a Canadian-is there a chance?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Emmie80
Newly Registered

UK Marriage Visitor Visa for a Canadian-is there a chance?

Post by Emmie80 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Hello All,

I have applied for the UK marriage visitor visa last week. I only want to stay in the UK for 4 weeks and I will return home after the marriage ceremony.

- I have sole custody of 12 year old child who will remain in Canada
-My mother and brother live in Canada as well
-I have visited UK 10 times in the past 6 years and have never once overstayed my welcome
-I have more than enough savings to make this trip and the evidence to prove it.
-I have no criminal record, I have never been denied a visa to any country and I have never been asked to leave from any country.

The problem: I lost my job in September of this year due to plant closure. However, I am receiving Employment Insurance payments (considered to be taxable income in Canada) until I can get another job. I can actually prove that I am actively looking for work in Canada. I even have an interview next week and I can prove that too:)

Do you think there is any chance my application will be approved?

Thank you all!

Casa

Re: UK Marriage Visitor Visa for a Canadian-is there a chanc

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Yes if you show your responsibility for your son in Canada.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Post by Emmie80 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes, I have the sole custody of her and I can show it with court documents :D

Thank you for your reply.

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Post by Emmie80 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:14 am

Casa, I hope you will see this.

I just want to thank you so much for your help and advice. You were the first person to tell me that I am allowed to apply for the UK Marriage Visitor Visa. You also gave me hope that I will (most likely) be issued a visa after I had applied.
I wanted to let you know that I have gotten my visa today. Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Happy Holidays!
Emmie