ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit visa...can my gf use 2???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bobbyboy99
Newly Registered

UK Visit visa...can my gf use 2???

Post by bobbyboy99 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Evening all,

This question may be simple but I can't seem to find a direct answer for it at the moment and i'm going round in circles.

My girlfriend from Asia currently has a 6 month visit visa which expires on 22 December 2015. She has just spent the last 8 weeks in the UK and got along great with friends and family and now I want to invite her back for Christmas and Jan. If possible I would like to fly her in the UK on the 19th of Dec so I can pick her up on my way home.

Obviously to do this I need her to apply for an extension or a new 6 month visit visa. This leads to some questions:

1) I think I can only extend in the UK?
2) Can she even apply for a new visa if she has one currently?
3)Will they cancel the old multi entry visa and give a new one?
4) Can she end up with two active visas?

I have emailed the visa people and they seem to suggest that she can apply for a second visa that starts on the 23rd December. She can then travel in on her first visa, let that expire and then stay in the UK on the second visa. I've emailed them back seeking clarity.

This just sounds wrong to me and was just wondered if anyone had experienced this issue themselves. Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Bob

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Visit visa...can my gf use 2???

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:08 pm

bobbyboy99 wrote:Evening all,

This question may be simple but I can't seem to find a direct answer for it at the moment and i'm going round in circles.

My girlfriend from Asia currently has a 6 month visit visa which expires on 22 December 2015. She has just spent the last 8 weeks in the UK and got along great with friends and family and now I want to invite her back for Christmas and Jan. If possible I would like to fly her in the UK on the 19th of Dec so I can pick her up on my way home.

Obviously to do this I need her to apply for an extension or a new 6 month visit visa. This leads to some questions:

1) I think I can only extend in the UK?
2) Can she even apply for a new visa if she has one currently?
3)Will they cancel the old multi entry visa and give a new one?
4) Can she end up with two active visas?

I have emailed the visa people and they seem to suggest that she can apply for a second visa that starts on the 23rd December. She can then travel in on her first visa, let that expire and then stay in the UK on the second visa. I've emailed them back seeking clarity.

This just sounds wrong to me and was just wondered if anyone had experienced this issue themselves. Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
1. Can't extend a visit visa (except under extreme compassionate circumstances, like Civil War etc)

2. A new one would override the old one.

3. In theory, but doubt it would be granted.

4. No.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Extremely unlikely that she will be granted another visitor visa so soon after the expiry of the existing one. Even more so with a boyfriend resident in the UK. I assume she declared your relationship in her last application?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bobbyboy99
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyboy99 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Wanderer,

Thanks for the quick reply can I just get some further info from you.

2) A new one would override the old one - This is what the visa place said -
'You can apply for a new visa during the currency of your existing visa for a future period not covered by your existing visa, but no earlier than three months'.

Whenever I have had a new visa it is as you mention but this suggests otherwise.

3) You doubt the second visit visa would be granted? Would this be down to the frequency of the visits?

Thanks in advance

Bob

bobbyboy99
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyboy99 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Casa,

Yes we did. The frequency of the trip was a concern I did have.

Oh well looks like I will have to have a holiday in the sun in Jan.

Thanks for you fast replies I feel like I've been going round in circles the last few days.

Bob

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:32 pm

bobbyboy99 wrote:Wanderer,

Thanks for the quick reply can I just get some further info from you.

2) A new one would override the old one - This is what the visa place said -
'You can apply for a new visa during the currency of your existing visa for a future period not covered by your existing visa, but no earlier than three months'.

Whenever I have had a new visa it is as you mention but this suggests otherwise.

3) You doubt the second visit visa would be granted? Would this be down to the frequency of the visits?

Thanks in advance

Bob
2. Read Casa's post too; highly unlikely to get back-to-back visit visas I can't recall anyone ever doing it on here.

3. See above point, it's a balancing act, but frequent and/or long visits can fail the genuine visitor test, which begs Casa's question, did she declare her relationship with you on her application?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....