ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa for dual nationals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sjunejo
Newly Registered

UK Visit Visa for dual nationals

Post by sjunejo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:07 pm

My daughter is a dual national (British Citizen + One more) and currently abroad for family visit. Applied for her first British passport from abroad and they said its going to take long period of time before passport application can be processed.

My question is that can she apply for Visit or any kind of Visa on the basis of her other nationality and come back to UK? Once we are here we can request passport office to simply post our UK passport back to us at our UK address instead of International Address.

So is it possible...and if yes which category am I looking for?

NOTE: We have already tried the ETD but UK Consulate rejected the application saying its not an Emergency, just WAIT!

Thanks

LilyLalilu

Re: UK Visit Visa for dual nationals

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:16 am

This may be an option, not sure if it will be quicker than a passport though:

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.