ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by vikasbirla » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi

My in-laws applied for Visitor visa and parents got the visa but my brother-in-law visa got rejected from India.

Refusal - Visa officer is not satisfied with his financial situation and don't think that he will come back to India and that is why he has rejected the visa application.

We showed the following -
He is emplyed, getting a salary of 17000 per month
Salary slips
Account Statement (having around 50,000) as balance
Fixed Deposit of 2 Lakh.
Also mentioned that parents will sponser him and I will provide the accomodation and all other expenses of UK.

I am here on TIer1 Visa, but we applied for General Visitor Visa and not the Family Visitor Visa.

Can anyone please guide what to do now.

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Please post the full refusal text.

Either way - given he was refused on a general visitor visa - he has no right of appeal. Sort the problems out in the application and re-apply.

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 pm

MPH80 wrote:Please post the full refusal text.

Either way - given he was refused on a general visitor visa - he has no right of appeal. Sort the problems out in the application and re-apply.
This is the complete text

"You state that you are employed as Manager in XXXXX company with a total monthly income of Rs 17000 and in support of your application form you submitted your Bank statement with a closing balance of Rs 49,440.22 on 10-05-2013. I must access your personal and financial circumstances in India and based on the evidence you provided. I could not ascertain whether your present financial position would constitute a strong incentive for you to return to India. I also note that you stated that your entire savings is avaialble to you for the purpose of trip. The question therefore arises on how you intend to maintain yourself financially and economically on your arrival back in India. I have taken into account that you have stated that your travel will be paid by your parents, but based on your personal circumstances, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave UK at the end of your visit."

We also showed one Fixed Deposit of 2.00,000 amount and the parents visa was applied at the same time and there was more than 5,00,000 balance in the parents account and they mentioned that they will bear all the cost of his trip.

Parent got the visa but his visa got rejected.

Now - one option is to show more funds (But I think that will create doubt in the mind of visa officer again). So I am confused what is the best option now.

Even I showed my account statement from UK bank will sufficient balance and mentioned in the sponsership letter that I will bear all the cost in UK.

Please let me know

Thanks

daggerhead
Newly Registered

did u submit any property document ?

Post by daggerhead » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Can some one clarify - is it possible to avoid such situations by showing property documents.

Please clarify ?

How to avoid this financial based rejections in visitor visa.

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Hello MPH80,

I posted the complete reply.

Can you please suggest what to do ?

Also, I am planning to re-apply with proper explanations. Need to know whether there has to be any number of days gap between the refusal and new application ?

Will appreciate any kind of suggestions here

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:11 pm

can you confirm how did he answer the below questions in the initial application?

What money is available to you for your trip?
Who will pay for your travel to the uK?
Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?
If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?
Please also explain why they are paying for all or part of your visit
What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the uK?

also did he include any letter from his employer confirming approved leave / no objection covering the period of his travel?

did his parents provide any supporting letter confirming financial support towards his travel?

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:39 pm

ban.s wrote:can you confirm how did he answer the below questions in the initial application?

What money is available to you for your trip?
Ans - 40,000
Who will pay for your travel to the uK?
Ans - He mentioned his brother-in-law (the one who is staying in UK)
Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?
Ans - He mentioned his brother-in-law (the one who is staying in UK)
If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?
Ans - 1 Lakh
Please also explain why they are paying for all or part of your visit
What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the uK?
Ans - Brother-in-law is sponsoring the trip
also did he include any letter from his employer confirming approved leave / no objection covering the period of his travel?
Ans - Yes to all
did his parents provide any supporting letter confirming financial support towards his travel?
Ans - Yes

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 pm

It is quite tricky situation. ECO normally review applications from young visitors with extra caution.

I don’t think that just transferring fund to your brother-in-law’s account now will do any good.
He needs to stress on two points in the re application
First – in spite of his relatively low savings, the cost of this trip to him personally is NIL as you and his parent will bear the entire cost including travel, accommodation and other expenses. You need to provide a detailed letter with supporting finance details. Do stress that cost of the trip to him is NIL. Mention the same at 5.19
Also in 5.18 don’t mention any figure – instead mention the sponsor will pay for airfare, accommodation, food and all other incidental expenses during his stay in the UK.

Secondly – in support to his connection with India and intension to return back – stress on his employment and leave/approval from employer for this travel. I don’t know how long is he employed but the longer the better.
I presume that he is currently staying with your parents, do mention that in the covering letter, include a letter from your parent (stating your brother in law lives with them and looks after them) and focus on the social and family ties with them in India.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:31 pm

How old is your brother in law?

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:How old is your brother in law?
25 years and unmarried

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks, I am planning to do all this and even some more
ban.s wrote:It is quite tricky situation. ECO normally review applications from young visitors with extra caution.

I don’t think that just transferring fund to your brother-in-law’s account now will do any good.
He needs to stress on two points in the re application
First – in spite of his relatively low savings, the cost of this trip to him personally is NIL as you and his parent will bear the entire cost including travel, accommodation and other expenses. You need to provide a detailed letter with supporting finance details. Do stress that cost of the trip to him is NIL. Mention the same at 5.19
Also in 5.18 don’t mention any figure – instead mention the sponsor will pay for airfare, accommodation, food and all other incidental expenses during his stay in the UK.

Secondly – in support to his connection with India and intension to return back – stress on his employment and leave/approval from employer for this travel. I don’t know how long is he employed but the longer the better.
I presume that he is currently staying with your parents, do mention that in the covering letter, include a letter from your parent (stating your brother in law lives with them and looks after them) and focus on the social and family ties with them in India.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 pm

25 Years old Indian unmarried male earning Rs 17000 = visit visa like climbing mount Everest.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 pm

You can wait till they introduce the new £3000 bond for Indian citizens.

That way by depositing this amount, you are taking an undertaking that your brother in law will return back home........which is the main reason for his refusal. I don't think it has anything to do with yours or his financial circumstances.

Citizens of India and neighboring countries, especially males, in age range of 25-40, face an uphill task getting a visitors visa.

As you can no longer appeal these types of visas,your only alternative is to reapply and address the points he was refused on. :wink:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 pm

I hope that no one shouts. In my humble opinion, do not reapply. You will just waste money.

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 am

We applied again with some proper documentation this time and got the visa. :)

Thanks for your ideas !!

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Congrats! Your persistence beat the odds.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Good to hear the positive outcome.

butterfly33

Post by butterfly33 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 am

Well done vikasbirla.

It was worth reapplying. Please tell me, did you put "Nil" to the question about the cost to your brother in law personally for the trip? My niece was also rejected. She is a student and I am sponsoring her trip in full.

What did you change in the application that you think gave a more positive result?

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:29 am

butterfly33 wrote:Well done vikasbirla.

It was worth reapplying. Please tell me, did you put "Nil" to the question about the cost to your brother in law personally for the trip? My niece was also rejected. She is a student and I am sponsoring her trip in full.

What did you change in the application that you think gave a more positive result?
We wrote - "Nothing, as his parents and I will be paying for all expenses"

There were few changes like -
1. Showed more funds from parents
2. Letter from his employer that he will come back and join the same position
3. There are other changes which are specific to his case.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 am

vikasbirla wrote: 2. Letter from his employer that he will come back and join the same position
I bet this is what really helped swing the balance in your brother's favor (though the extra funding probably didn't hurt either).

butterfly33

Post by butterfly33 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks for your help vikasbirla. We will reapply with a few more documents.

Rajat.agr
Newly Registered

Post by Rajat.agr » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Mr. Vikasbirla

Congrats.
can u please say wat did u write at (5.18 ) i.e. (If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you? )

did you mention an amount or said something like "my brother-in-law will bear all my expenses like accomodation" ?
vikasbirla wrote:We applied again with some proper documentation this time and got the visa. :)

Thanks for your ideas !!

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 am

Rajat.agr wrote:Mr. Vikasbirla

Congrats.
can u please say wat did u write at (5.18 ) i.e. (If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you? )

did you mention an amount or said something like "my brother-in-law will bear all my expenses like accomodation" ?
my brother-in-law will bear all my expenses, proof attached.

megham
Newly Registered

REFUSAL OF General Visitior Visa

Post by megham » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi All,

I had applied Visa with my husband under general visitor category on Sep 27' 2013, Both our visas got rejected.

we had provided below docs.

pay slips - worth 60 k (including mine and my husband)
FD - worth 3 lakh
RD - worth 1 lakh (maturity date in Nov)
property deeds of both (originals)
leave sanction letters
Invitation letter from bro-in-law (his tax paper, visa work permit)

we planned to spend from our RD which gets matured in Nov(1 lakh, rest of our expenses my bro-in-law will take care) and also with our salaries earned until Dec. we hav booked tickets for Dec 3rd week. Sponsor will take care of accommodation.

Pls suggest if we can reapply, if so what are the changes I shd make, shd we show sponsorship or mention as family visitor?

we are planning to visit sis's family and spend 15 days there. Pls guide as we are very upset with this decision.

Details for your reference

REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE

You have said you will pay for the cost of your own and husband's travel to the UK and you have provided your husband's Citibank statement account number XXX showing a balance of Ps 20,620 (6207) as evidence of your ability to do so. You have also presented your own Axis bank statement. account number xxx showing a balance of Rs. 21,972 (0220) as of 12/9/13 neither of these balances even collectively are sufficient to pay for your trips as claimed. I am not satisfied that you will be able to support yourself in the UK during your visit without working or using public funds or that you will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of the resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends (Paragraph 41liiiffyi) of HC 3951.

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Re: UK Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by sumit33k » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 am

hi everyone,
is there any 1 who can help me to get my cousin visa through.
she applied her visa as visitor dated 23 Feb and was rejected attached is reason specified by decision authority,
my cousin left her job in December due to her marriage which is due in september,however she has got savings for 4 Lakhs in her account for this trip,she will stay with me in leeds and we both will travel across UK.

she lost her father early last year and now she is getting married and we in family feel that getting her on a trip will take her out from all bad memories and staying there with me and my family might make her relax.

please help me in getting her visitor visa

attached is rejection letter from british embassy.

Reagrds
Sumit Sriastava
Attachments
new doc 2_1.jpg
new doc 2_1.jpg (385.42 KiB) Viewed 3918 times