ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Illegality

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gan009
Newly Registered

UKBA Illegality

Post by gan009 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi all,

I'd be grateful if I can get some advice on this.

Long story short, my FLR(O) application was refused by the UKBA and I was served with a deportation order. The deportation order was illegal, I had to pay for a judicial review to get this dismissed and urge the UKBA to make a legal decision.

They refused the initial FLR(O) application, the refusal was again unlawful. This was addressed by a first tribunal appeal and I won the appeal. The UKBA consequently appealed this decision, and surprisingly won their appeal in the first tribunal. I'm currently in the process of appealing against this decision (bit of a loop, but the law system ey)

During my appeal was still pending, my employer contacted the UKBA checking service. The checking service refused working permission based on outdated information. This was admitted by the home office respondent during their appeal in court. This is another error by the UKBA, which has cost me employment. (Section 3C immigration rule states that all rights continue until all appeals are exhausted)

My question is if I can do anything about this illegality by the UKBA.

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: UKBA Illegality

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:32 pm

File a civil claim against UKBA.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gan009
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Illegality

Post by gan009 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Can I file a judicial review for the delay by the UKBA, and the unlawful decisions?
Or, would it be just for giving out incorrect/outdated information to my employer?

Thanks again.