ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uncle and Aunt denied Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

achauhan
Newly Registered

Uncle and Aunt denied Visa

Post by achauhan » Wed May 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if you could help me. I'm getting married and my maternal aunt and uncle wish to attend my wedding. We applied for a visa (I was happy to sponsor and confirm I will bear the whole cost of their trip including flights) but their visa has been denied on the grounds of the following:

1. They requested a visa for 2 months - in order to come to the wedding and spend time with the family and visit the UK. The letter says the main purposes of the visit was to attend my wedding which should only last a couple of days (who travels from India for a couple of days?!)

2. My Uncle submitted the application and proposed to travel with his wife (my aunt)

3. Have not proven that he has any strong social and economic ties to India (he has 2 school age children that will remain in India)

Is there any chances of appealing? I've never sponsored anyone before so I'm unsure of the full process

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uncle and Aunt denied Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:03 pm

1. A couple of weeks would have probably been ok to mention as that is normal for a 'visit'.

2. Did your aunt submit her own application form, ie did they each submit their own forms.

3. What documentary evidence did they submit to prove their financial and personal circumstances in their home country and what their strong ties are. Leaving two school age children for two months is likely not the best idea.

No, there is no appeal right for refused visitor visas. They will have to address the refusal points and reapply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.