ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Biometric enrollment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

URGENT Biometric enrollment

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 am

Hi,

I applied for my wife's tier1 G dependant visa by post. Got biometric enrollment request. But it is mentioned that an id card to be carried to the post office for verification. The only id card my wife has is her passport and BRP card, which is now with home office.
So how do I go about his ?

tier1-immigrant

Re: URGENT Biometric enrollment

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:16 am

Does it have to be a UK id card ? Would indian PAN card or driving license be accepted ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 am

A UK (or EU, though I am not certain of the latter) driving license should be sufficient.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 am

secret.simon wrote:A UK (or EU, though I am not certain of the latter) driving license should be sufficient.
Don't have any UK ids.. thats the problem. Anyways will head to the postoffice with Indian id , if they accept fine otherwise will have to ring home office. Just wanted to check if anyone else here were in the same situation.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Completed the BRP. At the post office they did not ask for any id. Just the letter was enough.

sinito
Newly Registered

Post by sinito » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:05 pm

My partner enrolled at the post office and they never asked him for any ID also.
I think at some point they do face such situations where ones I'D is with HO and can't provide any other and maybe some would be OK with it and some not. So just go to the PO and see if they would allow.