ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgently!!! We Need your Expert Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

range80
Newly Registered

Urgently!!! We Need your Expert Advice

Post by range80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello the most knowledgeable and helpful people,

My very best friend is in a difficult situation. He has applied for an extension of his visa Sole Representative of the Company Visa, however his mother is in a very critical condition back in his home country. She has got a brain cancer and right now in a coma.

Now, the situation is that he needs to travel back home- but he does not want to interrupt his visa process.He has written to Home office to look at his application asap, I don't know if that makes any difference.

We have contacted our local embassy and they can help him with issuing a new Travel document which will allow him to travel to his home country. In home office website- it does not state that one can not travel at all outside of the country.

My questions- can my friend travel back to his country to see his mother off? Is he breaking any immigration rules.

Please help.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgently!!! We Need your Expert Advice

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:47 pm

He can withdraw his application, go home to see his mother, and re-apply there for the visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 pm

He is able to apply to have the application dealt with at the same service PEO . He just need to pay a further £500 for the service, rather than losing all his money.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vucekovich
Newly Registered

Post by vucekovich » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi - Curious if your friend found a solution? I am in a similar situation and can't seem to find way. I noticed that the other two bits of advice you received were useless as you can't re-apply out of the country and same day service is not available for this application. Thanks!