ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa rejected twice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Far24Sam
Newly Registered

Visa rejected twice

Post by Far24Sam » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:23 pm

My boyfriend applied for a visit visa to visit me in the U.K. For a week twice. I partly sponsored him. We provided supporting documents but were told not enough.

I am a British citizen
My boyfriend lives in Belgium as a refugee, has indefinite leave to remain. Is currently studying language and works as a translator. He has a travel document.

The first refusal was not a genuine visitor, not enough money and no incentive ties.

We reapplied addressing the issues, this is the second refusal and reasons.
The second time the refusal letter stated based on paragraphs v4.2-v4.10

You have applied to enter the uk for 7 days. Although you stated that your girlfriend will pay for the cost of your trip, the onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions.

You have stated that you lived at your current address for 4 months, are a student and have been a translator since 03/08/2015. You further stated that you receive a monthly income of 1350 euro and spend 900 euro on living costs, but have not submitted satisfactory documentary evidence in support of your stated monthly income and evidence in support of your financial circumstances in Belgium. I am therefore not satisfied that your fanincial circumstances are as claimed or if your intention to visit the U.K. Now. Furthermore I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.

We want to apply the third time
Any help would be appreciated
Also, I hear that sponsored applications are weak

noajthan

Re: Visa rejected twice

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Its all about showing that applicant will return 'home' after visit.

As the (UKVI) universe appears to be speaking to you, the other alternative is for you to visit Belgium.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Far24Sam
Newly Registered

Post by Far24Sam » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:03 am

Thanks for your response
We did provide ties such as his flat contract, letter from school and work

But the only thing they mentioned was not enough proof for him income

Far24Sam
Newly Registered

Post by Far24Sam » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:43 am

Sorry I didn't realise I had to continue here, many apologies

Dear all,

I would like some advice please.

I am a British citizen and my boyfriend is a Belgian refugee. He has been granted indefinite leave to remain in August 2016, he has ID perminant residency and a Belgian travel document, he is originally of Iraqi national but doesn't have his original passport. He is claiming benefit as he has to study language before getting a job. He is currently studying language and working as a translator on a voluntary basis and gets paid around 235 euro each month on top of his income support. Since August 2016, his income is 1100 euro per month.

He applied for U.K. Visit visa twice and was refused. The first time we made mistakes on the form and it was my fault. The second application, also got refused and the reason was:

You state that you have lived at your address for 4 months, are a student and have been a translator since 03/08/2015. You further state that you receive an income of 1350 euro and spend around 900 euro each month but have not provided satisfactory documentary evidence in support of your stated income and evidence in support of your financial circumstances in Belgium. I am therefore not satisfied that your financial circumstances are as claim or of your intention to travel to the uk now. Further more I am not satisfied that you only want a short visit in U.K. and that you will leave at the end of your visit.

Evidence provided by my boyfriend:
Travel document
ID card
Letter that he has been working as a translator since stated date from the company
Income support letter, also stating the 235 euro he gets a month for translation from company
Letter from school showing term holidays, the course will end in April 2016
Flat rent contract starting August 2016 and ending July/2017
Bank statements 6 months and a certificate from bank
Employed in November 2016 for night shifts, they call him when they need him. We attached payslips of shifts he worked so far
All documents officially translated apart from bank statements.

He made deposits of 1500 euro in August and 2500 in September after the first refusal. We mentioned that, this was gift from friends and family.

From me:
Invitation letter to say that I will support him financially but I didn't write a declaration
Bank statements 6 months
Tax return
Photos of us
Tickets to when I visited him
Emails
Copy of passport
Hotel confirmation which I said I would pay for

My questions are:
With his current situation in Belgium, is he likely to get a visa approval?
What can we do differently because we want to apply again?
Any advice would be highly appreaciated

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:43 pm

I personally think you are wasting your time trying to get a visit visa for the U.K. There are just too many reason for UKVI to carry on refusing entry to him.
He is essentially an undocumented refugee that will be seen as a threat to immigration control. If he comes here as a refugee on a travel document then he is particularly hard to remove if he decided to stay.
So the bottom line will be to find every and any excuse to prevent him traveling to the UK

Based on the information you have supplied then he has little or no incentive to return to Belgium either so why would he return is the question UKVI have to consider.

Best to visit him....?

Far24Sam
Newly Registered

Post by Far24Sam » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01 am

What do you mean by undocumented refugee. He has indefinite leave to remain in Belgium, rents a flat ( 1 year contract), in receipt of income support, has an official Belgian travel document, studying language and working as a translator. Would this still classify his as undocumented refugee?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 am

He was an undocumented refugee, no passport and no means to prove his identity. He is a risk to the UK.
A Belgian travel document does not give him any free rights as an EEA citizen. He is what it says on the tin - an Iraqi citizen. He has to apply to the UK on that basis and is treated as if he was such.
He has limited income, no full time employment, no property ownership and as for the educational courses, they mean very little in immigration terms.
He is very unlikely to be given entry to the UK while he presents those circumstances.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 am

Far24Sam wrote:What do you mean by undocumented refugee. He has indefinite leave to remain in Belgium, rents a flat ( 1 year contract), in receipt of income support, has an official Belgian travel document, studying language and working as a translator. Would this still classify his as undocumented refugee?
Belgian permanent residence is only good and valid in Belgium.
originally of Iraqi national but doesn't have his original passport
Budget flights to Belgium are likely to cost under £20: I flew to Netherlands for £14 last year and was there in about 3 hours, door to door.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.