ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

phaiath
Newly Registered

Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Post by phaiath » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for my partner to come visit me here in the UK and I need some help in filling out the online application. My partner is in the Philippines at the moment and she does not have a job but currently helps out in her family businesses which are convenience store and bakery. In the Employment and Income Section, Are the answers for the following questions good enough if I (sponsor) would be responsible for all expenses whilst she is in the UK including the trip:

What is your current working status: Voluntary/Unpaid Worker

Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares? No

How much do you spend each month on living costs? 100

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants? 0

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 0

The total amount of money you have for this trip? 1600

The cost of the airplane, boat or train tickets. 700

The cost of your accommodation. 0

The cost of your living expenses. 500

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip? Partner

How much will they be paying towards your trip (in GBP £)? 1600

What is the total amount in GBP(£)? 1600

If this is all correct. What documents are required to support the application and do they have to be original copies? I am currently renting a big double room. Does she require to provide documents as well although I am giving the financial support to her whilst in the UK?

Many thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Probably more important is to show visitor will return home after visit; so ties to home country required.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cosak

Re: Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Post by cosak » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 pm

i pretty much filled in the same info... put living cost 250USD.... my girlfriend's visa was refused. they said she wouldn't return to her country... we got her visitor visa after we got married as a family...