ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for elderly parents from Bangladesh

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeddie

Visit visa for elderly parents from Bangladesh

Post by zeddie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 am

Dear all,

I am hoping you fine people can help or advise here. I would like to invite my parents to come to visit me in the UK from Bangladesh and was wondering how hard this process actually is. I'd like to know:

1. how long the process takes from applying to getting the visa and what length they give it for
2. the chances of success based on my parents details shared below
3. If it's worth using an immigration lawyer (from the UK) to do this.
4. Also if anyone has done this for their parents please share your experience. I tried looking on the net but couldn't find a step by step process to follow. My parents are not good with computers at all.

My father is 73 years old and officially retired but works as a consultant (Director of Sales and Marketing) for a travel agent in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He has savings of over $25000 (or more) and has fully paid of his mortgage so has his own house. He used to come to England a lot for work when he was working years ago as the area manager of British Airways. At present I dont think he is earning regular income as he is working for his friends company more to help, advise and pass the time than to make money. My dads English is fluent.

My Mother is 63 years old and used to be a school teacher but has recently stopped working and is now a house wife living with my father. She is my fathers dependant. She has also been to England a few times in the past but a very long time ago. My mum can speak English but is not totally fluent. Both my parents have their own brothers and sisters in Dhaka as well as their house.

I am a service delivery manager in IT, earning £47k a year and have savings of about £10500 in the UK. I am living in a 1 bed flat with my wife. We have a sofa bed so space is no issue.

If anyone experienced can help with my questions id be most grateful.

Many thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Visit visa for elderly parents from Bangladesh

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:43 pm

reading through your post give me the impression that u want to apply for parents permanent visa which is almost impossible u can read in other section under topic immigration for family members.
but if u want to apply for just visit visa they will get visa for 6 months multiple entry.this visa is easy and usually u can receive the ans in 15 days for standard service.

u can sponsor them for visit in this case u have to show that u will do all the expenses like for food ,ticket ,accommodation etc etc.
on your parents side they have to show strong ties to their home country .
the only problem i guess is 1 bedroom flat as according to ho rule only 3 persons can live in 1 bed flat .wait for other senior members and maybe someone will give u better idea.hope this helps
ss

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi yes we only want a visit visa. They don't want to live here permanently. I think just to be safe I should still go through a lawyer. What do you think? Thanks for your help.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Mostly lawyers are there to Make money . My parents and brother apply for visa without any lawyer and got it so my suggestion is do it yourself but it's up to u . If u need any help I am happy to help u .
ss

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Thank you so much sswsz. Yes the lawyer wants to charge £600 :( do you know the actual process? My dad said over there they have to go for an interview after submitting the forms? It's a bit worrying..I don't even know how the lawyer can help from here since everything has to be submitted there. I'm confused about the whole process.

Again thanks for your help so far

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm

the process is like this .
first applicant or u have to fill online form and pay fee .then book the appointment .on appointment day applicant has to take print outs of application plus supporting documents and also they will submit their finger prints there .
when the embassy receive application they will send u mail .then they will call the sponsor and confirm the things like who is visiting u ,who is paying for trip , DOB.occupation etc etc.
when they make the decision they send the mail that application is done and sent back and also that documents can be collected when the visa center will call u or mail you .
this is the general practice every one here wrote the same thing .interviews are for student visa or something but i never heard that they interview visitors.hope this helps

Thank you so much sswsz. Yes the lawyer wants to charge £600 :( do you know the actual process? My dad said over there they have to go for an interview after submitting the forms? It's a bit worrying..I don't even know how the lawyer can help from here since everything has to be submitted there. I'm confused about the whole process.

Again thanks for your help so far
ss

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 am

Hi thanks again.. im just a bit worried about my mums application as she is my fathers dependent. I believe according to the lawyer that she will have to make a separate application? She has little savings of her own and her english isnt great either. Of course i can show my own savings to show i can support her while shes here.

Lawyer advising against doing it on our own as strong chance of failure.. so worrying.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am

Lawyer is a big lier . My mom is also a house wife plus my father dependent . They know our culture . My mom use my father bank statement and saving account also my father wrote a letter that he has no objection if his wife use that money . Visa chances will increase with proofs not because of lawyer .
ss

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Fri May 01, 2015 11:43 am

Thank you so much for all your help sir :)

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Fri May 01, 2015 11:56 am

SSWSZ, If you have any examples at all of an invitation letter i can write to invite my parents that would be most appreciated sir. My email is email address, or you can post here.

Again, thank you
Last edited by CR001 on Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Fri May 22, 2015 9:32 am

Hi all,

Is a birth certificate (mine) and marriage certificate (parents) necessary for this visit visa application for my parents?

thank s