ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa For Mother-In-Law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yasir152
Newly Registered

Visit Visa For Mother-In-Law

Post by yasir152 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:49 pm

My mother-in-law who is a widow was refused a visitor visa recently on the grounds that the application didn't show enough evidence of strong links to their country of residence. All of her children reside overseas. When this application was submitted she was sponsored by her son and the letter returned from UKBA stated that they were satisfied with this aspect of the application however they weren't convinced that she will return home after the visa expires due to a lack of detail on links back to the home country.
We intend to re-apply for a visitor visa with myself being the sponsor this time. To convince them that she does have a strong connection with her home country will it be sufficient to show the papers of land ownership which is in her late husbands name as these have not been transferred to her yet and it is a long process to transfer ownership? Also as there are other relatives residing in the same neighborhood in the home country i,e sisters-in-law, cousins and nephews should we mention this in the application?
I'd appreciate your advice on this.

chattokhan

Re: Visit Visa For Mother-In-Law

Post by chattokhan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 am

My parents visa were rejected on the same grounds that no enough ties with home country. However I attached the property ownership documents, worth about £100,000, their children information living at the same address and all the rest of it. Unfortunately visa applications were turned down stating that property can be sold and money can be transferred to the UK so I am not satisfy that you are genuinely seeking entry in the UK.

You can always re-apply but in my experience property ownership in home country is not enough to satisfy ECO. Never meant to discourage you but sharing my experience.

Good luck.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:45 am

Perhaps you can try to include a cover letter stating that you will be the responsible person in the UK through their entire visit and you can also attach their return tickets. Show their bank balances and If your parents are retired then show their PF etc. This may not be the solution but could actually help.

yasir152
Newly Registered

Post by yasir152 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for the advice on this. I can't give proof such as tickets as we wont be purchasing tickets in advance since we wont know when they will grant visa. What I will do is probably wait for the Land Registry to transfer the land owenership in the mother-in-law name and then put in an application to apply for the visa with me sponsoring her. I will put in a letter stating that I will be responsible for her during the entire visit and give assurance that she will return home within the six month stated period.

yasir152
Newly Registered

Post by yasir152 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Since my last post I applied again, this time showing land registry documents as well as a supporting letter from my MP but we got the same reply again that she may overstay since all her children are here in the UK. I also gave a supporting letter to show that I will be responsible that she leaves within the six month period. In the rejection letter they also stated that they wanted proof of my mother in law monthly income/support that she is receiving. Strange that they never asked for this before even though this was in the previous application as well. I will show bank statements next time I apply.
I'm thinking of applying again as I've seen a trend of visitor visas being accepted in the past six months or so. Do you think chances are better this time or still likely to get rejected?

yasir152
Newly Registered

Post by yasir152 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Anyone advise on my post above?

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:57 pm

yasir152 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm
Since my last post I applied again, this time showing land registry documents as well as a supporting letter from my MP but we got the same reply again that she may overstay since all her children are here in the UK. I also gave a supporting letter to show that I will be responsible that she leaves within the six month period. In the rejection letter they also stated that they wanted proof of my mother in law monthly income/support that she is receiving. Strange that they never asked for this before even though this was in the previous application as well. I will show bank statements next time I apply.
I'm thinking of applying again as I've seen a trend of visitor visas being accepted in the past six months or so. Do you think chances are better this time or still likely to get rejected?
HI There,
I think chances r slim as HO stated that all her immediate family members reside in the UK so she will not go back after her visit, which sounds quite right as people overstayed in the past whom all family members reside in the UK and now UKVI r very strict about this.
Second thing is 6 months for visit is too much time for visiting someone.
Every time u apply they will refuse her with a new reason. Bottom line is she has no economic and social ties back home, which ECO's want to see the most.