ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akr_akr_12
Newly Registered

Visit visa for parents

Post by akr_akr_12 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 General visa and I am eligible for Permanent Resident in Jan 2016.
I want to invite my parents to visit UK for couple of month to visit around and also my sister stays in UK and she is expecting a baby in Nov (She can't show the financial evidences as they wont be enough). But I just have 5 months of valid visa.
I have been maintaining funds from last 3 months since as I was to show all financial statements.
So just want to find if my visa expiry in next 5 months would effect their application?
Also I want to find out if showing financial evidence in my account in UK would be enough (My dad's account in India doesn't have enough balance at the moment but I can transfer the needed amount if needs be)?

Please advise what would be the best way for me in this scenario

Many Thanks,
Kams

geriatrix

Re: Visit visa for parents

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:54 am

But you were a British citizen in 2014! :?:
akr_akr_12 wrote:Hi,
I am a UK citizen and I am applying a spouse dependent visa for my better half
And now a Tier 1 (General) migrant. That's a serious downgrade!

If you are sponsoring your parents' visit in terms of both finance and accommodation, then your remaining validity of leave ( 5 months) may have a negative effect on your parents' visitor visa (visitor visa) application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!