ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa pregnant wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahsant1
Newly Registered

Visit visa pregnant wife

Post by ahsant1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:22 am

Dear Sirs

Wondering if you could help-

Could I apply for visit visa for my 3 month pregnant wife? She is in Pakistan and I am in the UK. Will her visa be accepted? Please help thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa pregnant wife

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 am

What is your immigration status?

How long does she plan to visit the UK?

What proof of ties to home country will she provide to convince ECO she is a genuine visitor?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:40 pm

ahsant1 wrote:Dear Sirs

Wondering if you could help-

Could I apply for visit visa for my 3 month pregnant wife? She is in Pakistan and I am in the UK. Will her visa be accepted? Please help thanks.
Can't see it really, there's a percieved risk that the intention is to stay and have the baby here, the ramifiactions of which you don't want to think about.

Although staying 6 months on a visit visa isn't cricket anymore, it's still a six month visa, and that would mean a highly likely birth with the validity of the visa. I doubt the UKVI would risk it despite any honest intentions.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 am

Wanderer wrote:[

, the ramifiactions of which you don't want to think about.
???

I am a bit lost.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:46 am

Obie wrote:
Wanderer wrote:[

, the ramifiactions of which you don't want to think about.
???

I am a bit lost.
Related private health costs for the birth of the baby would be one issue.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 am

Hi

Are we over doing this?

1. Agree with the point that HO will need to be convinced that the OP's wife will return to home country.
She might also need to reason out why she is not living on a spouse/dependent visa with the OP in the UK.
2. Does OP's wife even need to declare in the visa application that she is pregnant??? I don't believe there is a section which asks if you suffer from any medical conditions.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.