ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Refusal - Where are my documents?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Visit Visa Refusal - Where are my documents?

Post by Newbie12 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:04 am

I recently applied for a 5 year visit visa for a family member in pakistan. The Visa was refused and I accept the decision.

The applicant only received their passport and refusal letter from Gerrys (mirpur) Pakistan. The documents I supplied with the application (bank statements, wage slips etc) were not returned. I want to apply again addressing the issues raised by the Entry Clearance Officer in order to do so I need my documents!

Can anyone please advise?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Visit Visa Refusal - Where are my documents?

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 20, 2015 12:22 pm

They do not return the documents so you'll have to get new documents again!..

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Post by Newbie12 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Thank you for responding. I thought I'd snookered everyone with my simple question lol!

Only documents which are not re-producible are the original wage slips!!! So I need to wait 6 months for another set of slips that they may keep again? Its a complete joke!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 pm

You shouldn't have sent original docs as the sponsor. You should be able to request your original documentation though, UKVI have no reason to keep your original documents. Best would be to contact the application centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Post by Newbie12 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:47 pm

They ask for original documentation even from the sponsor. Bank statements, wage slips etc. When you pay so much you don't want to give them a reason to refuse with copies.

I have been in touch with the Visa Application Center (Gerrys) and they have said no documents returned apart from refusal letter and applicants passport. I have also sent a email to UKVI with no response.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Interestingly though I sent 6 payslips as a sponsor, they returned 5 and kept 1 lol..the latest one is the one not returned. The visa application was unsuccesful but have re-applied attaching a photocopy of the one they kept and stating in cover letter to return these like they did last time but dont keep any lol

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Post by Newbie12 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:11 am

The documents are of no use to them. They should return them! Is there anything I can do? Right of appeal has been refused at least give documents back to allow people to re-apply addressing any issues.

Complete joke!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Newbie12 wrote:The documents are of no use to them. They should return them! Is there anything I can do? Right of appeal has been refused at least give documents back to allow people to re-apply addressing any issues.

Complete joke!
I agree but that's what they are doing these days, I had to re-do all the documents and the application is now under consideration again...with 5 payslips now

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Post by Newbie12 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Payslips are difficult to re-produce shall I wait another 6 months before applying??

I have been in touch with my MP. I'm not questioning the decision just want my documents back. I have had a message back from MP today so I'm hoping with his intervention I should get my documents back.

Good luck with your new application.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Do a cover letter, explaining it and I'm sure the money is getting into your account so not showing payslips will be ok and moreover theyc an check the previous application.

The most important documents are addressing the refusal points

Irfang999
Newly Registered

Post by Irfang999 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Dear guru urgent help need
I applied family visit visa for my wife and send her all original documents but at Vfs office Lahore Pakistan she was told to make copy of and each document and send only copies keep originals .she kept marriage certificate original and p60 ,bills ,nhs letter and gave her just copies of these documents I m worried what will happen kindly help me? Is it ok or we gone be lose visa ???any suggestion what should I do now plz help in big trouble

ismail.desai
Newly Registered

Post by ismail.desai » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 pm

terriblescream wrote:Interestingly though I sent 6 payslips as a sponsor, they returned 5 and kept 1 lol..the latest one is the one not returned. The visa application was unsuccesful but have re-applied attaching a photocopy of the one they kept and stating in cover letter to return these like they did last time but dont keep any lol

Did you managed to get the visa second time??

Newbie12
Newly Registered

Post by Newbie12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Managed to get my documents back. Had to keep hassling them and also got my MP to help.

Now going to try again for a visit visa application. Someone somewhere is making alot of money out of this!