ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

winniemary
Newly Registered

visiting visa for parents

Post by winniemary » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 pm

hi ,
i would like to bring my parents to visit UK i am currently under tier2 general visa . i have read the uk visa site for the documents.. but i have some things to be clarified could someone pls help me out with these issues
1. i am requesting one of my relative to provide accomodation for my parents for couple of weeks because i have some issues to solve with mine . is that ok if i provide tenancy agreement from my relative.
2. what is the minimum balance to show that i can support or shall i show what i have and the salary slips

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: visiting visa for parents

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

They must meet the requirements for a visitor visa.

What evidence of their personal, financial and social ties and circumstances will they provide to prove to the ECO they are genuine visitors and will leave the UK?

How long are they planning to visit the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: visiting visa for parents

Post by poper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:22 pm

winniemary wrote:hi ,
i would like to bring my parents to visit UK i am currently under tier2 general visa . i have read the uk visa site for the documents.. but i have some things to be clarified could someone pls help me out with these issues
1. i am requesting one of my relative to provide accomodation for my parents for couple of weeks because i have some issues to solve with mine . is that ok if i provide tenancy agreement from my relative.
All this needs to be clearly articulated in the application form. A letter from your relative should also be required. But ultimately nobody can guess what the case worker makes out of this
2. what is the minimum balance to show that i can support or shall i show what i have and the salary slips
This is entirely up to you. There is no set minimum balance. The applicant/you should know better on the monetary requirements based on who sponsors the visit, flight tickets, life style, duration of stay, purpose of visit etc...

As CR001 mentioned, what is also important is for the applicant to show ties to home country(relatives, job, pension, land/properties, bank statements etc...)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.