ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa document requirement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sohail123_in
Newly Registered

visitor visa document requirement

Post by sohail123_in » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:07 am

Hi All,

I arrived a week back to UK on Work permit
I am planning to take a 1+ bedroom apartment , however I want to bring my wife and 1 child 4+ yrs on visitor visa for 1 month.
Can someone help if the rent agreement has to be furnished to UKBA stating the number of bedrooms or just the address should
work.
What other documents will be required for successful visa.
Please provide your opinion and experience those who are successful in getting through similar situation.

Regards,
Sohail

deathgaze1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: visitor visa document requirement

Post by deathgaze1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:36 pm

I used the following documents to invite my family of 5:

Invitation Letters for each individual mentioning their Full Name, Passport number and Date of Birth and relationship.
6 Months Bank Statements
6 Months Payslips
Passport Copy
BRP Copy
Tenancy Agreement for my 2 bedroom flat.
Wedding Invitation Card, which was the main reason for travel.

I sent copies of the above documents, not the originals. The invitation letter mentioned that they will be staying at my address (2 Bedroom Flat) and I will be responsible for their expanses through out the stay.

All 5 applications were successful.

Please note that they submitted additional documents at their end when applying which I am not sure about. But I guess they would be the standard bank statements, university letters, property documents etc..

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 pm

sohail123_in wrote:Hi All,

I arrived a week back to UK on Work permit
I am planning to take a 1+ bedroom apartment , however I want to bring my wife and 1 child 4+ yrs on visitor visa for 1 month.
Can someone help if the rent agreement has to be furnished to UKBA stating the number of bedrooms or just the address should
work.
What other documents will be required for successful visa.
Please provide your opinion and experience those who are successful in getting through similar situation.

Regards,
Sohail
any specific reason you don't wish to bring them as your dependant?
what are their ties with home country?

sohail123_in
Newly Registered

Post by sohail123_in » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Actually i will be in uk for 4 months only and my company is not company is not pAying for there trip. Visitor visa for for there 2 for 2 months trip will be cheaper for my pocket. My son is studying in school and wife and son stay with my mother.