ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for family

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for family

Post by sgadipat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Dear team,

I have a query regarding the 'Visitor Visa'. My mother-in-law visited UK twice so far and her stay in the UK was from June 2013-Nov 2013 and from May 2015-Oct 2015. She returned to India on 26th Oct 2015. We have a 3-year-old son who is born and raised in India by my in-laws. My son is back in the UK with us for good since May 2015 and we would like to apply for 'Visitor Visa' for my mother-in-law once again now as we need her support to look after our son.

Now that her leaving date to India is 26th October 2015, When can we apply for her 'Visitor Visa' again. How soon can she visit UK again?

Does the 6-month cooling-off period apply for visitors? Or Can she apply again in Dec 2015? Please clarify.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards
Prithvi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa for family

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:18 pm

So you want her to come and be a childminder?

Unlikely she will be granted a visa so soon as she has only just left. She will not appear to be a 'genuine visitor'. She cannot be spending more time in the UK than she does in her home country. Even frequent visits of 5/6 months will eventually show a 'resident' pattern and not a 'genuine visitor' one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Visitor visa for family

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:19 pm

She shouldn't be seen to spend more time in a rolling 12 month period than she's spending in her home country. It would be wise to wait at least another 6 months before applying for the next visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.