ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for for non working mother without bank stateme

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for for non working mother without bank stateme

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:16 am

Dear Gurus,

I want to apply a visitor visa for my mother . But in the eligibilty requirements it says
"evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or payslips from the last 6 months"

Now my mother is a housewife and she doesn't have any bank statements.

I have written an invitation letter that I will sponsor her whole trip and bear all the expenses including her food,travel,accomadation etc.
I am thinking of giving a scanned copy of my 3 months bank statements as well.

Can you please tell what else I can do and if there will be any problem because she don't have any bank statements?

Also one question in the form was how much money will I give to her during her 4.5 months trip.So not sure what exact amount is required ?

Please help as I have already booked the tickets as they were getting very expensive.

Many thanks,
Santosh

Casa

Re: Visitor visa for for non working mother without bank sta

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 am

From personal experience it appears that the ECO will look for evidence of self-sufficiency in the applicants home country, over and above the sponsor's ability to fund the visit. Submitting proof of strong ties to the home country is essential.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:56 am

There is no minimum amount specified. However, it may be comparable to a schengen visa's requirements. If you have enough funds to support her, then that aspect should be fine.

However, as Casa commented, her main obstacle may be in convincing the ECO that she intends to depart the U.K. at the end of her visit.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:56 am

Santosh S Gawde wrote:Dear Gurus,

I want to apply a visitor visa for my mother

Please help as I have already booked the tickets as they were getting very expensive.

Many thanks,
Santosh
It would be prudent to ensure these tickets are refundable as visa is not guaranteed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 am

Many thanks for the prompt reply .

There is a joint account statement of my mom and Dad but the amount in there equivalent to 900 GBP maintainaned for around 1.5 months.
Then I can show the property papers of the house which are on my Dad' s name.
She also has some fixed deposits in some local financial instutions but I dont know if they are acceptable as they are not in English.
Apart from that should I include a covering letter from her saying that she would have to return to India as my Dad and my younger brother are in India?

Thanks,
Santosh

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:31 am

In addition to my above queries if youbcould please also confirm I need to use the new service they created for Standard visitor visa and not the visa4uk website.

I have obvserved you can still do the visitor visa application from visa4uk site as well but was confused there in selecting visa subtype as "Tourist" or "Family".
Whereas the new service doesnt have such question so I am not sure from where to complete the online form?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:41 am

In which country and location is your mother applying?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20 pm

She is applying from India.

Also if you can please give your views on my prevoius query as well.

Many thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Funds held for only 1.5 months won't be considered.

My mother-in-law's visitor visa application was refused due there being no evidence of source of funds for the equivalent of £6,000 held in her bank account for several years.

Translated evidence of property ownership and the family ties of a husband and adult children in the home country were ignored. As my husband was sponsoring the entire visit it was considered that she had no reason to return to her home country as self-sufficient wasn't proven. She has requested her first 3 week stay.

I assume the ECO believed that my husband could easily support her in the UK if she remained here. It has become increasingly difficult to obtain a visitor visa for parents, following the virtual closure of the Adult Dependent route to settlement in July 2012.
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Regarding your own bank statements, ensure the most recent 6 months are submitted.

How do your parents support themselves financially in India?

Where will your mother be submitting her visa in India?
(Casa, not CR001)

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks,

So the only option is to show the fixed deposit receipts(around 2000 GBP) of the local financial institutions in India along with the joint account statement with my Dad. Though the amount is not much but statements will add up as addition to the fixed deposits I guess.

I just pray this evidence would suffice for she being self sufficient !!

My Dad and my younger brother work in India and she would have to return to India for them atleast.

She is going to apply from Mumbai(North) visa application centre.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Visitor visa application submitted in Mumbai

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/how_to_apply.html

Supporting documents should be submitted at the VAC in Mumbai which is VFS Global. Click on the link above for the process.

I suggest that your father provide evidence of his employment to prove that your mother is self-sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)

Santosh S Gawde
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh S Gawde » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks,

Yes my father and my younger brother has got their employment letters from their companies that they are working in India just as Evidence of family members staying in India which is asked as one of the documents in the document list.

My father still has 4 years to retire.

Also I am including his providend fund document of my father on which my mother is a nominee.

Apart from that just wanted to ask is it safe to include flight ticket as well ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

No point in including flight tickets as these on are the list for ECOs to ignore as evidence.
(Casa, not CR001)