ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nayak9ha
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for my mother

Post by nayak9ha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on Tier 2 ICT for the past 5 years. I would like to bring my mother(Age: 54) for few months on a visitor visa. I am not applying visa for my father now.

My mother is a house wife and below are her financial details:
Fixed assets: 2 acres agricultural land in India
Residential plot (land): around 200 sq yards in India
Bank savings in cash : Rs.1.7 lakh

And my parents are staying in a house which is registered on my name. So they don't have to pay the rent and in fact they get a rent of Rs. 11,000 every month for a second portion in that house.

Planning to submit the financial documents to UKBA:
English translation reports of Fixed assets (2 acre agricultural land) and residential plot.
Rent agreement and the rent receipts
Bank statement showing around 2 lakh INR

My bank statements showing around £7000 (minimum of £4000 for the last 90 days)
My payslips in UK
My rent agreement and utility bill (For her accommodation)

I will sponsor her entire trip to the UK.

The problem is I have recently transferred the amount of Rs 1.7 lakh to my mother savings account in December. So, planning to show the bank statements form January just to avoid the question of "Where are the funds from?"

Since she is having below 2 lakhs in her account, I am planning to transfer 1 lakh INR to her account for the UK trip tickets and curreny conversion to GBP for her ease of travel.

Below are my questions
1. Will there be an issue because I am showing few bank statements(applying visa in March) and limited cash?
2. Are these financial documents enough to get her a visa?
3. Are there any issues which can affect the application?

I know it is a long post but wanted to make sure my mother gets the visa. If any suggestions, I can do so that I am sure of getting the visa.

nayak9ha
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa for my mother

Post by nayak9ha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 am

Any suggestions please

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 am

nayak9ha wrote:Hi,

I am in the UK on Tier 2 ICT for the past 5 years. I would like to bring my mother(Age: 54) for few months on a visitor visa. I am not applying visa for my father now.

My mother is a house wife and below are her financial details:
Fixed assets: 2 acres agricultural land in India
Residential plot (land): around 200 sq yards in India
Bank savings in cash : Rs.1.7 lakh

And my parents are staying in a house which is registered on my name. So they don't have to pay the rent and in fact they get a rent of Rs. 11,000 every month for a second portion in that house.

Planning to submit the financial documents to UKBA:
English translation reports of Fixed assets (2 acre agricultural land) and residential plot.
Rent agreement and the rent receipts
Bank statement showing around 2 lakh INR

My bank statements showing around £7000 (minimum of £4000 for the last 90 days)
My payslips in UK
My rent agreement and utility bill (For her accommodation)

I will sponsor her entire trip to the UK.

The problem is I have recently transferred the amount of Rs 1.7 lakh to my mother savings account in December. So, planning to show the bank statements form January just to avoid the question of "Where are the funds from?"

Since she is having below 2 lakhs in her account, I am planning to transfer 1 lakh INR to her account for the UK trip tickets and curreny conversion to GBP for her ease of travel.

Below are my questions
1. Will there be an issue because I am showing few bank statements(applying visa in March) and limited cash?
2. Are these financial documents enough to get her a visa?
3. Are there any issues which can affect the application?

I know it is a long post but wanted to make sure my mother gets the visa. If any suggestions, I can do so that I am sure of getting the visa.
It would help to post the amount of funds in £ Sterling to save members the time of making the currency conversion. :idea:

You will be expected to submit the last 6 months of bank statements, one won't be sufficient. You will also have to show the source of the funds.

It is essential to show strong ties to her home country. Due to the tougher rules regarding Adult Dependent visas introduced in 2012, visitor visa applications for elderly parents have become increasingly difficult to obtain.

My mother-in-law was recently refused a visitor visa application for a 3 week stay, despite having £6,000 held in a savings account for several years (no proof of source of funds), property deeds showing ownership, a husband, 5 adult non-dependant 'children' and 6 grandchildren in the home country.
My husband was sponsoring the entire trip.

The ECO still considered that she wouldn't return home as there was no proof of employment or self-sufficiency. The fact that you provide some support for your mother financially is likely to weaken the application.

You will need to address similar issues in your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nayak9ha
Newly Registered

Post by nayak9ha » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm

So if can put in a lot of money into her with proper reasons over a time of 6 months to a year along with fixed assets, will she get the visa.

Asking this as she is a house wife and so no question of employment. Or please can you suggest a best way so that I will plan accordingly in the future if not now.

nayak9ha
Newly Registered

Post by nayak9ha » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can ask you few questions on what exactly did the HO mention about your Mother-in-Law's visa refusal

1. Did she visit UK previously and is she applying again soon?
2. Did she have the savings in her account ? If so for how many months/years?

Because I dint find any reason for refusal and I am all the more worried for my mother's visa. I would like to understand the reason for refusal and take time to build some proper financial documentation and then apply. Please respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:18 pm

nayak9ha wrote:Hi Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can ask you few questions on what exactly did the HO mention about your Mother-in-Law's visa refusal No evidence of source of savings and no proof of self-sufficiency in the home country. She is a housewife and father-in-law is retired with a small pension.

1. Did she visit UK previously and is she applying again soon? No. First visit and no intention to re-apply
2. Did she have the savings in her account ? If so for how many months/years? Equivalent of £6,000 held for several years.

Because I dint find any reason for refusal and I am all the more worried for my mother's visa. I would like to understand the reason for refusal and take time to build some proper financial documentation and then apply. Please respond.
A short 3 week trip was requested. Family ties and property ownership was ignored. Father-in-law wasn't travelling. It seems that if the sponsor shows financial support this weakens the application and the ECO considers the sponsor could continue to provide this support in the UK if the parent failed to return home.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.