ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for my parents. pls help need format of letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

globetrotter_ks

visitor visa for my parents. pls help need format of letter

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 am

Hi Am in the UK since last 10 months and in job since last 7 months. Am planning to Invite my parents from Bombay for 2 months to London. Cud u pls provide the format of invitaiton letter. and what documents to submit?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Re: visitor visa for my parents. pls help need format of let

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 pm

globetrotter_ks wrote:Hi Am in the UK since last 10 months and in job since last 7 months. Am planning to Invite my parents from Bombay for 2 months to London. Cud u pls provide the format of invitaiton letter. and what documents to submit?
Invitation letter for visit visa is no rocket science mate, write a formal letter or informal if you like, inviting your parents to spend time with you in London.

Documents to include: Copy of your passport photopage ( + your visa if you are not a BC), Proves of accomodation (to show you can adequately accomodate your parents), Prove of income (Payslips and Bank statements, to show your ability to adequately maintained them, while they are with you), include anything else you think will be relevant like proves of address(utility bills, council tax, etc)

Dont include materials that are not relevant.

Good luck

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Ok thanx mate. But my main concern is utility bills. I used to live in a council house as pg. But nw hav moved elsewer whch is a pg. Al my bank statment ,salary slips etc have previous council adres. Am just waiting 4 my parents 2 get visa then I can move wit them elsewer. So is it nccsary to give adres prof.?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 pm

I used to live in a council house as pg

What is pg mate?

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:52 pm

PG means paying guest. Living wit a family. And in pg theres no contrct or agreement papers.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:30 pm

globetrotter_ks wrote:PG means paying guest. Living wit a family. And in pg theres no contrct or agreement papers.
I think you should have a tenancy agreement and be in your own apartment before you think of inviting your parents. Even if you have proofs of address in the PG arrangement, you've got no secure tenancy/accomodation to invite your parent into.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 pm

My plan was 2 search for a accomodation once they get a visa.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm

globetrotter_ks wrote:My plan was 2 search for a accomodation once they get a visa.
How are you meant to prove accomodation to the ECO for your parents visa.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Thts my confusion shud i not mention anything about accomodation or it is important to provide them the details of accomodation.?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm

globetrotter_ks wrote:Thts my confusion shud i not mention anything about accomodation or it is important to provide them the details of accomodation.?
See Maintenance and accommodation

regards