ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for parents - Overcrowding?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oj.bulmer

Visitor visa for parents - Overcrowding?

Post by oj.bulmer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 am

Having researched through posts, I am still unclear about this.

I am on Tier 2, live with my wife in our one bedroom flat with separate living room. My parents want to visit us for a month. But there are restrictions regarding overcrowding given here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ercrowding
such that for 2 additional rooms only 3 people can live.

But the legislation allows exception for temporary family visitor as given in #329 here..
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/68/part/X

So the question is, if I mention in my sponsorship letter and my parents mention in their cover letter that they will stay with me, will there be a problem?

oj.bulmer

Re: Visitor visa for parents - Overcrowding?

Post by oj.bulmer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 am

Comments?

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 pm

For all those who may be interested my parents were granted visitor visa. So apparently for visitor visas, the the requirement for overcrowding is waived.

The clause 329 in Housing Act 1985 also states that if a family member is living temporarily, he does not cause overcrowding. So probably those applying for a longer term visa like Tier visas, dependent visas or settlement visas would need a house with adequate accommodation, but not visitors.

Moriags
Newly Registered

Post by Moriags » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Hey ,

Congrats on the visitor visa. Can you please guide me what all documents you submitted with application ?

Thank you
Mo