ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa second time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mabhang
Mood:
India

Visitor Visa second time

Post by mabhang » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Experts! :D

Once again I need your awesome advises!

I want to apply for my mum dads visitor visa from India.

They were here n the UK last year (Invited by my sister who was here on a Tier 5 visa which was valid for a year). They mentioned 4 weeks in the application and stayed for 3 months! (15 May 2015 - 18 August 2015). I had a baby and we all went to India together. Although in the last application they didn't mention me where they ask 'do you have any relatives in UK'. Would that be a problem?

And the most important thing I want to ask is -

1. Should they justify in the cover letter why they stayed more than 4 weeks? (we can at the max give an emotional reason and say they stayed back so we (me, mum and dad[not mentioning the baby!]) could go home together)
2. Should they not justify the previous overstay at all?

Please advice.
Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Anuja

Casa

Re: Visitor Visa second time

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:21 pm

mabhang wrote:Hi Experts! :D

Once again I need your awesome advises!

I want to apply for my mum dads visitor visa from India.

They were here n the UK last year (Invited by my sister who was here on a Tier 5 visa which was valid for a year). They mentioned 4 weeks in the application and stayed for 3 months! (15 May 2015 - 18 August 2015). I had a baby and we all went to India together. Although in the last application they didn't mention me where they ask 'do you have any relatives in UK'. Would that be a problem? Yes. A huge problem and likely to be seen as deception in an application. Why didn't they tell the truth?

And the most important thing I want to ask is -

1. Should they justify in the cover letter why they stayed more than 4 weeks? (we can at the max give an emotional reason and say they stayed back so we (me, mum and dad[not mentioning the baby!]) could go home together)
2. Should they not justify the previous overstay at all?
I'm not sure that this will be seen as justification. Members have reported subsequent visitor visa applications being refused when the previous stay has exceeded the original time requested.

Please advice.
Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Anuja
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks for the quick response!

Well, last time a guy from my sisters office helped with the application and he said there is no need to mention it. Definitely was a huge mistake!There is no option but to take a chance now.
And you are right, there is no justification when you reside instead of visiting, but we do have to apply for a visa and for that do you think it is a good idea to mention reasons in cover letter?

Thanks & Regards,
Anuja.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:06 pm

A covering letter may not help, but it won't do any harm as long as you don't withhold facts. Bear in mind that all information given in an application is cross-checked when applying for any other visa.

Your main issue is the failure of your parents to declare other family living in the UK. This can result in a 10 year ban due to deception in an application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:52 pm

mabhang wrote:Hi Experts! :D

Please advice.
Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Anuja
1) This can lead to refusal of next visa too.
Its all about credibilty and stated intentions versus actual behaviour.

How is a caseworker expected to believe anything she reads on the application based on what they know happened last time (and that will be recorded in the system).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cmsheaky
Newly Registered

Post by cmsheaky » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:36 pm

Staying more then the time mentioned is not deception, but submitting forge documents is deception, my family have stayed longer then they mentioned bit always get visa the next time , also many people from middle east get visa easily, i think it all depends on what they think if have more reletives in uk and less inback home, they will refuse it, if you have registered with GP, they will refuse it, if you are only visiting uk and not other countries like USA Australia Canada etc they will refuse it too,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Credibility is an important factor:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... d#p1385931
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 am

Thanks all for your replies.
Wish I could go back in time and change the application bit.
Should we write in application that (I know there is no justification to this) we didn't mention by mistake. What else can we say?!

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi Members,

Just wanted to update in regards to my parents application.
They applied on 6th October 2016.
As you guys suggested there was nothing we could do regarding 1. staying longer than stated in application and 2. Not mentioning me in previous application, we decided to state everything openly in the cover letter.

So we mentioned our reason for overstaying and also mentioned we realised that the information sought regarding "any other relatives in UK" now and apologised for not mentioning me and assured that there was no reason to hide this information.

They got their visa on 18th October 2016 and they are coming next Thursday. :D

I want to thank you for sharing the links. All I learned from this is that even if you overstayed(within the validity of your visa), all you need to do is EXPLAIN in a letter -
1. Why you stayed
2. What you did
3. How did you manage expenses in UK
4. How did you manage business (if any) back home

Thanks again experts! :)

Best Regards,
Anuja Khatal.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Pleased it all went well for you in the end. :)
(Casa, not CR001)

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks Casa! :)

MRAHMAN
Newly Registered

Post by MRAHMAN » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

mabhang wrote:Hi Members,

As you guys suggested there was nothing we could do regarding 1. staying longer than stated in application and 2. Not mentioning me in previous application, we decided to state everything openly in the cover letter.

So we mentioned our reason for overstaying and also mentioned we realised that the information sought regarding "any other relatives in UK" now and apologised for not mentioning me and assured that there was no reason to hide this information.

I want to thank you for sharing the links. All I learned from this is that even if you overstayed(within the validity of your visa), all you need to do is EXPLAIN in a letter -
1. Why you stayed
2. What you did

Best Regards,
Anuja Khatal.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, i would like to know what reason your parents give for stay more then state in previous visit, i'm in the same situation and want to apply again for UK family visit visa, your information will help me lot.

thanks

Geetika
Newly Registered

Post by Geetika » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:14 am

Hi, could you pls mention if you applied the 2nd time visa on your own or was it though a lawyer? Could you suggest the name if you got the help from a law firm? Thanks,

1. Why you stayed
2. What you did

Best Regards,
Anuja Khatal.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am

Geetika wrote:Hi, could you pls mention if you applied the 2nd time visa on your own or was it though a lawyer? Could you suggest the name if you got the help from a law firm? Thanks,
Members are NOT permitted to name solicitors or company's on the forum. Any such information posted will be deleted and the member issued with a warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 am

MRAHMAN wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

1. Why you stayed
2. What you did

Best Regards,
Anuja Khatal.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, i would like to know what reason your parents give for stay more then state in previous visit, i'm in the same situation and want to apply again for UK family visit visa, your information will help me lot.

thanks
Hi Mrahman,

My parents mentioned that they wanted to enjoy summer for a longer time and the main thing they want to know is how you managed expenses back home and here in uk while you extended your stay. We cleared this in the letter.
Hope this helps.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:44 am

Geetika wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:14 am
Hi, could you pls mention if you applied the 2nd time visa on your own or was it though a lawyer? Could you suggest the name if you got the help from a law firm? Thanks,
Hi Geetika,

As our Moderator rightfully mentioned above, we aren't suppose to discuss solicitors here.
I applied on my own didn't use any law firm. The main thing UKVI is looking for in the cover letter is
1. Why did you over stay
2. How you managed everything back home (If your parents have business, or they have a house, or land)
3. How did you managed expenses here in the UK.

Hope this helps :)