ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ebosiam

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by Ebosiam » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:28 am

Hi guys

I have just get respond from the HO they said they will make a decision on my case by the end of December so we just have to wait and see.

If I hear any thing I will update you.

Good luck every one.

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm

What does the status review unit do? HO told me my case is with this department.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 pm

I recently wrote to the UKVI requesting that they confirm that I have leave to remain for employment purposes. They then wrote to me acknowledging receipt of my application for leave to remain. Since applying In February I had not received such confirmation. The letter then went on to state that it does not confirm whether I was entitled to work or live in the UK. It goes on to say that a prospective employer should check with the Home Office. In a further paragraph the letter then contradicts itself by saying since my application was made before my previous leave to remain had expired the previous conditions apply.

Interesting response though. I plan to write another letter querying this contradiction. Hopefully, they will get bored with me and then assess my application.

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:55 pm

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone of you who has helped me and my family through responding to any questions i heard regarding our dl extension. We have been granted another 3 years. Thanks so much and God will speed yours up too.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Congs yo all of you who have been granted.katongole did you applybin 2010 and you have been given 3yrs?

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi fimboz I received a letter today from the mp and they said I will get a decision in October 2015.they said my case is complex that there is nothing to worry abt.I came here in 2005 so I will be making 10yrs in July and my daughter will be 7 in April and my husband will be applying for indefinate in October 2015.is this the reason for the delay.may be they want to give us indefinate since next yr is elections so may be our cases they want to do another legacy clearing pple who have stayed in UK for at least 10yrs with indefinite what do u think guys??because am following this forum and all pple who have been delayed have lived at least 10yrs.what do you think guys??????

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:44 pm

So regarding work am thinking o shd write to them asking permission to work including the job offer letter because I cant wait 2015 October without job
Because the employers need something to show that am aloud to work

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am

Contrats to those who have been granted another 3 years.

Now i have hope that my papers will come too.

i have been praying and hoping that at least this year i should hear something

i have been in this country for 12 years now

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:20 pm

It appears there is no formula in regards to how they assess discretionary leave applications. I fail to understand why it takes them long to make a decision and it is frustrating. Currently I am bombarding them with requests maybe it might get them to get off their backsides and do some work.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Good on you Fimboz hope you get good results too me i get tired of calling them now i just hope soon i will hear something.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

African girl did you do the life in UK test or English test I think you should do them since you have lived in UK for 12yrs you might be given indefinite since you have been delayed and submit them as a further submission may be it will wake them up.How about that?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:48 pm

baker wrote:African girl did you do the life in UK test or English test I think you should do them since you have lived in UK for 12yrs you might be given indefinite since you have been delayed and submit them as a further submission may be it will wake them up.How about that?

life in UK test do not apply on people who refuse asylum and granted discretionary leave to remain

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:37 pm

There has been an interesting development in court today. I just wonder how UKVIS wi assess extension of disceretionary leave in light of this judgement.

UK Court of Appeal has today ruled that Home Office's policies to grant 3 or 2.5 years Discretionary Leave to Remain instead of ILR in cases involving children were unlawful.
Alladin, R (On the Application Of) v SSHD [2014] EWCA Civ 1334 (16 October 2014)
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/1334.html

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

fimboz wrote:There has been an interesting development in court today. I just wonder how UKVIS wi assess extension of disceretionary leave in light of this judgement.

UK Court of Appeal has today ruled that Home Office's policies to grant 3 or 2.5 years Discretionary Leave to Remain instead of ILR in cases involving children were unlawful.
Alladin, R (On the Application Of) v SSHD [2014] EWCA Civ 1334 (16 October 2014)
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/1334.html
I have read this ruling and unless I am very mistaken, this case was denied.....they wanted to ask for ILR having been given DLR and their cases were dismissed by the Judges saying the Secretary of State was within her rights to grant DLR. Don't understand FimBoz's interpretation.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Art Mag If you look at the reasons for refusal to grant ILR the judge states that in the original application the applicants did not ask for such but the UKVIS has to consider a grant for ILR in cases involving children. The ruling confirms an earlier ruling whose salient points I have detailed below. I am of the view that if you are looking at extending your discretionary and they are children involved you should make it clear in your application that you require ILR.

High court rules Home Office discretionary leave policy unlawful in breach of s 55

The High court this week ruled that discretionary leave policy as it is applied to children is unlawful. In the case of R(SH and others) v SSHD [2013] EWHC 1144 (Admin) the court considered the cases of five claimant children, aged between 6 and 10, who were born in the UK when their parents were overstayers.They and their family members won appeals against Home Office decisions to remove them from the UK to Jamaica. The Secretary of State, in implementing these successful appeals, granted discretionary leave to the children for periods of 3 years, in accordance with published policy. Solicitors for the children sought indefinite leave to remain on their behalf, mindful no doubt of the various advantages this can bring to a child, which include access to higher education.

Guidance

The court considered guidance issued under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009; "Every Child Matters" explains how section 55 is to be implemented in practice; counsel for the claimants & the intervenor referred in particular to the following passage at para 2.20:

"There should also be recognition that children cannot put on hold their growth or personal deployment until a potentially lengthy application process is resolved. Every effort must therefore be made to achieve timely decisions for them."

This was said to apply not only to the initial decision to either grant or refuse leave, but to the grant of leave itself, where it was obvious on the facts of a case that a child's future lay in this country.

Holman J agreed that the discretionary leave policy is unlawful because it contemplates a maximum grant of 3 years' DL, alongside shorter periods where for example criminality is present.

The impact of this judgement is potentially wide. Many families with children have in recent years received grants of 3 years' DL, and are on a path to ILR after 6 years. Their children's access to higher education is severely limited because - under current Regulations - those with DL are treated as overseas students for fees purposes. The cost of university is often prohibitive. The case does not guarantee ILR for these children, but it requires the Home Office to give proper consideration to requests for it.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:45 pm

I think guys who submit there appellation in January 2014 we should hear from the home office next month if not next month, December definitely so I want update and see the good news soon :D

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 am

Hi

i hope so too Odat that next month we should all get our replies from the H/O whether its a no/yes as long we hear something.

i am still waiting to hear from my MP is he heard anything since the last time he wrote to H/O.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 am

Hi All

I received a reply from my MP the H/O sent to him. The letter states that we are processing the case its now in the complex case department and it will be dealt with within the next 12 months.

I am now confused which 12months how are they counting these 12 months is it from the day i sent my application or from the day they received a letter from my MP which was last month.

they said that right now they are dealing with cases of unaccompanied children which is a priority.

lost hope now ....

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi All

I received a reply from my MP the H/O sent to him. The letter states that we are processing the case its now in the complex case department and it will be dealt with within the next 12 months.

I am now confused which 12months how are they counting these 12 months is it from the day i sent my application or from the day they received a letter from my MP which was last month.

they said that right now they are dealing with cases of unaccompanied children which is a priority.

lost hope now ....
12 month from submit the application

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 am

Hi

@Odat i think we will receive our letters by January from what I know with H/O they don't do anything the month of December most of people will be going away for Christmas holiday and they will start processing applications after new year. That what I think so might be wrong lets hope our papers will be with us December.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 am

Hi All

There was a story in Metro today about UKIV not doing their job properly they have a back log of immigration cases they need to process after taking over from UKBA.

I don't think they are being competent enough they are just the same as UKBA they are so slow and they don't care whether you wait for years and years for a reply.

hope they will change soon and atleast employ more people to deal with the backlog or offer an amnesty :D

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm

i assume no one received anything yet
2 or 3 weeks africangirl you should received something good luck

and we don't know what happen to DLR-Londoner she disappeared but I Believe she received the Decision by now

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 am

Hi guys any news you are all quiet just wondering is it because you are celebrating :D or you are all still waiting , its nearly Christmas I wish if I can receive my papers before Christmas that will be a dream come true present.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:56 pm

im still waiting but we should received the Decision before Christmas

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm still waiting too wish all the best for every one