ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Deewani
Canada

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by Deewani » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:17 pm

It looks like a positive sign for you

Here is what HO guidance explains this in detail::::::

Grants
This page tells removals caseworkers how to process grant paperwork.
Once you decide a grant is appropriate you must prepare the draft grant consideration
minute on CID ICD.4732 in DocGen.
Restricted – do not disclose – start of section
The information in this section has been removed as it is restricted for internal Home
Office use only.
Restricted – do not disclose – end of section
In family cases, the main applicant must be designated the responsible adult on CID for all
minor dependants. You must then notify each individual they need to enrol their biometrics
by sending letter ASL.4501 to the main applicant and ASL.4503 to each dependant. A fee
free barcode sticker must be placed in the appropriate box on the back page. Details of their
nearest Post Office must be sent with this letter (this information can be printed and included
in your correspondence). See related link. You must create a calendar event for seven days
plus four days for postage. Input the admin event ‘RCC Barriers on hold’.
For more information on the biometric information enrolment process, see related link.
You must monitor the identity cards for foreign nationals (ICFN) system to find out when the
applicant has enrolled their biometric information.
When each individual has enrolled their biometric information, you must input the admin
event ‘RCC Barrier in progress’. If the checks are verified produce the biometric residence
permit using the ICFN system. This will be sent directly to the main applicant’s
representative if they have one. Otherwise it will be sent directly to the main applicant.
You must then produce the grant paperwork:

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 am

Hi All

I think this matter of going back to your home country needs to be perused by writing a letter to the UKIV or H/O independent information what what and see what they say about it.

To those who know people who have gone back to their home country when they applied for further leave isn't it the application ask have you been back your home country too.

So it means they now got their extension regardless of them being back to their home country.

I know people who claimed asylum and was granted and when they received their indefinite after 5 years they travelled back to their home country.Which means these people if they were in fear of persecution back home how come now they are travelling back home. Its confusing.

Any ideas on this.......

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:26 am

Just been granted my extension. Another 3 years after waiting 18 months. Hoping it is not a wasted 18 months as my six years should be next year..

@ africangirl.....i went home twice without issue....

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:29 am

@ africangirl....yes the application asks if you have been back to your home country and reasons why....I told them i had gone back twice.
I think its ok

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm

ArtMag wrote:@ africangirl....yes the application asks if you have been back to your home country and reasons why....I told them i had gone back twice.
I think its ok
@ArtMag, congrats!

@africangirl: yes, a bit confusing but this is down to each individual's grant basis.

UKVI has published a doc regarding "travel abroad" as below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... abroad.pdf

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:10 pm

@ Dewani

just asking how did you get internal information do you have close people who work for H/O or its just a standard letter from the internet - just curious .

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

No noooooo

If that was d case....we should have our case sorted 10 years ago...:-)

Any body can search it online....i dont have any special computer

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:21 pm

@deewani :D :D :D

thanks for clarifying that

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
Respectfully can i ask any update regards to our extension of DL

Regards
---------------
Dear sirs
Your application for further leave remains outstanding we will aim to complete this by 31st May 2015.
Regards
OLCU 16

Above is email conversation
Please comments
MKHARI

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm

mkhari wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,
Respectfully can i ask any update regards to our extension of DL

Regards
---------------
Dear sirs
Your application for further leave remains outstanding we will aim to complete this by 31st May 2015.
Regards
OLCU 16

Above is email conversation
Please comments

I think the best thing to do will be to approach your MP and let he/ she do the job for you. The home office is likely to tell you to continue waiting. I submitted my application for extension on 8th of September last year done my biometrics a week after that and waited. On the 4th of march they wrote to me asking for more details about my situation blah blah, i sent all the info they required and continued to wait. Yesterday i phoned them and asked the progress of my application and they said they are on it and i should continue to wait. I have been waiting for 7 months and i am sick of it. I am still the husband of my wife and i am still the father of my kids nothing has changed and i think i have a straight forward case. I am tired of waiting iam tired i am tired.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:01 am

I have same situation like u
Applied in Nov-14 Fllro,
Biometric 2 week after feb2015 received letter that send DL form in 10 days because flro is wrong
Feb 15 submitted DL form then few days letter in my own wording my brief story enclosed
Biomtric done in march and now still waiting

Wat form u filled bob
MKHARI

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 am

mkhari wrote:I have same situation like u
Applied in Nov-14 Fllro,
Biometric 2 week after feb2015 received letter that send DL form in 10 days because flro is wrong
Feb 15 submitted DL form then few days letter in my own wording my brief story enclosed
Biomtric done in march and now still waiting

Wat form u filled bob
I used the correct form DL as i was a refused asylum seeker. My case actually should be under legacy because i claimed b4 march 2007 but for some reason it's not. I would be happy if they issue me an ILR. The wait is too long man.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:48 am

DL form has been change since 6th april
you have to pay £649 if you apply for further leave
and for settlement £1500

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:50 pm

odat wrote:DL form has been change since 6th april
you have to pay £649 if you apply for further leave
and for settlement £1500

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
hi odat

Maybe they might speed up the applications since we have to pay. I think it's better to pay and get your papers in less time than to wait for longer periods

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 am

My experience with the UK Visa and Immigration Service is frustrating. I applied for extension of discretionary leave to remain in February 2014 and my case has not been assessed neither has it been assigned to a caseworker. I managed to get through to UKVIS this morning regarding an update on my case and was basically told to wait as nothing has been done since February last year.

I have now written an official letter of complaint regarding the timescales and the unnecessary hardship this is causing me. I cannot travel abroad and in terms of my career this is hampering me.In January 2015 I wrote to my MP who was told that UKVIS could not expedite my case. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a way I can force UKVIS to make a decision?

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 pm

fimboz wrote:My experience with the UK Visa and Immigration Service is frustrating. I applied for extension of discretionary leave to remain in February 2014 and my case has not been assessed neither has it been assigned to a caseworker. I managed to get through to UKVIS this morning regarding an update on my case and was basically told to wait as nothing has been done since February last year.

I have now written an official letter of complaint regarding the timescales and the unnecessary hardship this is causing me. I cannot travel abroad and in terms of my career this is hampering me.In January 2015 I wrote to my MP who was told that UKVIS could not expedite my case. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a way I can force UKVIS to make a decision?

I think your mp is the one supposed to put pressure on them. As for travelling and coming back whilst your application is being decided you can get a travel document from them if you can show that your own country can't issue you a passport. It's frustrating i know i have a job on hold because of that.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 am

Hi all,

Hope you are ok , for those who received their DL extension this year , how long does it take to receive your biometric card.

Just curious i am still waiting for mine.

Have a good weekend everyone

Jpal
Newly Registered

immigration health surcharge

Post by Jpal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Hello everyone
I need advice regarding immigration health surcharges.
i got 3 year discritionary leave with family out side immigration rule
Which I going to extend next month do I need to pay for immigration health surcharge?
Thanks

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:25 am

Yes please you have to pay surcharge if you are going to apply for extension its £600/head for 3 years
MKHARI

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi all

I missed the dx deliverytoday i just saw a note on the road near my house thst they came and coukd not leave the parcel.

They did not even bother put the slip through the posT box just left it outside for wind to blow it outside our yard. I was lucky that i just picked the slip by coincidence otherwise i wil b just thinking home office are still processing.

Now they told me to wait on wednesday btwn 9 -5pm so i will miss work and what abiut if they don't come. Can someone wait for the delivery for me and sign or it has to be me.

Help pliz those who know if its possible for sum1 to sign on behalf of me.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:36 pm

yes anyone can sign on behalf of you

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:43 am

I have just received my decision now been granted a further 3 years to remain in the country. The decision was made on the 8th of march but its surprising to receive it after a month. I am going to do Biometrics tomorrow and thanks everyone for your input.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 am

congratulation BOBB
MKHARI

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:05 am

Congratulations Bob

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:03 am

Hi All

I received my biometric card last week Thursday , I am so happy the waiting game is over now.

We will be back again in 2018 when we apply for our ILR .

Wish everyone still waiting all the best don't lose hope.