ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:04 am

Hi All

I received my biometric card last week Thursday , I am so happy the waiting game is over now.

We will be back again in 2018 when we apply for our ILR .

Wish everyone still waiting all the best don't lose hope.

fjones66947
Newly Registered

Post by fjones66947 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:55 am

Congratulations @ AfricanGirl .
So happy for you..now you can jet off into the sunset.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:00 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi All

I received my biometric card last week Thursday , I am so happy the waiting game is over now.

We will be back again in 2018 when we apply for our ILR .

Wish everyone still waiting all the best don't lose hope.

Hi africangirl

I thought you are due for indefinite leave in 2017. When are you applying 2017 or 18

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 am

Guys,I applied for asylum I have done my main interview on 30th of March .now I have done my biometric appointment at the post office on 7th of April..my question is do you know how long it's gonna be the decision and why they have taken our finger print as we have done couple of time during my asylum screening. They provided us arc as well on the 25th of October 2014.please let me know.

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:49 am

Well....it can be next week, in 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 month, or few years too... Friend of mine had interview in dec and after 2 weeks she got d decision letter....no one can tell u exactly when...but as i said it just depends on 1's luck...wish u good luck...n hipe u get a positive reply

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am

thanks deewani,just got question some of my friends said to me if they(ukba) send the biometric letter after the main interview then there is a strong chance to get a positive decision.is that true?
thanks for your wish.

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 am

Noo nooo....dis is a normal procedure.... Dey ask this info from almost all d applicants (eg applying for any category).

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 am

no its the normal process ,my friend applied for asylum ,after interview she got biomatric letter on wednesday and got refusal on monday,so she got reply within a week.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:24 am

I received my biometric resident card this morning thanks to everyone. Tomorrow its payday and am booking my ticket to my home country it's been ages i haven't seen my loved ones.

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Sat May 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Friends, i have done my sons biometric on 7th of april after my asylum interview at the local post office .i and my wife have done our biometric as well.but the problem is ukba sent my son's biometric letter again which i received today.though they didnt write anything about last biometric like they didnt receive that or they lost it.
could you please tell me whats could be the reason?
[my son is only 36 weeks old.]

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

I applied for an extension of leave on the 10th February 2014 and have had no response so far. I wrote a letter of complaint to the complaints department of UKVIS on the 28th of March 2015. They responded today a good 38 days after my complaint. Their response reads

"Thank you for your email correspondence of 28 March about your outstanding application for Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR). I apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and that you feel our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Your application for DLR is being actively managed by the Older Live Cases Unit and we will aim to review your case by end of June. If you wish for your case to be expedited, you should write to the address below with supporting evidence to allow us to consider it further. The address to send information to is:

FAO Team Leader

Further Leave Casework (FLR DL)
Complex Casework Directorate
UK Visas and Immigration
Department 152
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN"

I mean they will conclude my case a good 16 months after the initial application. My advice to everyone whose case is still outstanding is to write a letter of complaint so that they take seriously the issue of delays.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:21 am

Hi guys,

I just wanna ask what kind of Leave To Remain they grant for those successful on an human right questionnaire(tho not stated it is human right) Ukba sends to those with all appeal right exhausted non asylum applicant?

Hope to get a response urgently.

Thanks in advance.
Larry

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:03 am

I called the UKVIS a few minutes ago. The officer who dealt with my enquiry said that in general the aim is to deal with all applications submitted by October 2014. However, there is no time frame as these things are 'not set in stone.' In as far as my case is concerned (which has been outstanding for 16 months) he will highlight it to one of the supervisors.

In March 2015 I wrote a letter of complaint regarding the delays in dealing with my case. The UKVIS response was that they would deal with my case by June 2015. To my suprise the officer who dealt with me today told me nothing had been done despite my letter of complaint. He sounded embarrassed on the phone hopefully action will be taken today.

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:08 am

Hi all, I need an urgent help PLEASE, I have granted DLR after a refused asylum on Aug 2009 because of my family life in UK as I got a British daughter and wife, then I applied for an extension on July 2012 for further leave by using FLR O application form, and I got granted another 3 years,
Now, I have booked a premium service to submit a SET O application as I have completed 6 years of continuous DL to be apply for settlement, the problem is when I spoke to HO over the phone they advised that I need to submit a SET O application, while I asked a solicitor and he advised me to submit application form DL, I already booked the premium service 1900 BP, and I'm very confused what to do,
Should I cancel and refund the appointment and submit the FL DL application? or,
Should I go a head and submit the SET O application in the basis of previous FLR O application that submitted when I applied for the extension of my DLR?
The problem that I'm working abroad as a petroleum engineer, and I cant be away from my work more than 2 months, otherwise I would lose my precious job, that's why I booked the premium service,
PLEASE HELP,

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Hi all, I need an urgent help PLEASE, I have granted DLR after a refused asylum on Aug 2009 because of my family life in UK as I got a British daughter and wife, then I applied for an extension on July 2012 for further leave by using FLR O application form, and I got granted another 3 years,
Now, I have booked a premium service to submit a SET O application as I have completed 6 years of continuous DL to be apply for settlement, the problem is when I spoke to HO over the phone they advised that I need to submit a SET O application, while I asked a solicitor and he advised me to submit application form DL, I already booked the premium service 1900 BP, and I'm very confused what to do,
Should I cancel and refund the appointment and submit the FL DL application? or,
Should I go a head and submit the SET O application in the basis of previous FLR O application that submitted when I applied for the extension of my DLR?
The problem that I'm working abroad as a petroleum engineer, and I cant be away from my work more than 2 months, otherwise I would lose my precious job, that's why I booked the premium service,
PLEASE HELP,
well you used FLR O to extension further leave I don't know how did they accept that but as you booked premium service SET O application just use it don't use flr dl
SET O required life in the uk test

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:24 pm

My Story So Far

February 2014 applied for extension of discretionary leave to remain

May 2014 acknowledgement of application not received and wrote to MP

June 2014 acknowledgement received from UK Visas

January 2015 wrote to Mp requesting assistance

January 2015 Received response from UKVIS stating there is no time frame

March 2015 Wrote to the UKVIS complaints department

April 2015 Received a response that they would aim to conclude my case by June 2015

June 2015 Wrote to my MP who then contacted the UKVIS

July 2015 UKVIS returned my passport stating that I had requested for a return (entirely untrue). I returned the passport back to them within 24 hours.

July 2015 After I returned my passport UKVIS requested that I do biometrics.

Still waiting but a decision is going to be made one way or the other.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Finally granted another three years after eighteen months and numerous letters to the Home Office. Here is my timeline

Feb 2014 applied for extension of discretionary leave
July 2015 Request for further information
July 2015 Biometrics
August 2015 GRANTED A FURTHER THREE YEARS

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:58 am

Congs fimboz.
Does that 18 month you been waiting for decion will count to the 6 years DL or not?

Thank you

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:50 am

Hi guys

I rang the home office this morning regarding the waiting period after submitting your application. The lady said waiting period counts towards your 6 year residency on discretionary leave she however advised me to submit a cover letter together with my application explaining why i had to submit before the second DL expires. So September 2017 i will submit for my indefinite leave to remain

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Bob44 wrote:Hi guys

I rang the home office this morning regarding the waiting period after submitting your application. The lady said waiting period counts towards your 6 year residency on discretionary leave she however advised me to submit a cover letter together with my application explaining why i had to submit before the second DL expires. So September 2017 i will submit for my indefinite leave to remain
that right just submit a cover letter with application

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 pm

hi frnds, let me describe my case
1.i was a student here since august,2009 till 2016
2.in June, 2013,i bought my wife here as a general visitor.
3. in November,2013 we have problems at back home and my wife was pregnant,so i applied through FLRO (exceptional further leave) before her visa finished.
4.in January,2014 she was refused by home office with appeal right.(in that refusal letter, home office suggested her to apply for asylum)
5.in February,2014 we appealed and won that ,judge said that decision was not according to the law and the decision remains outstanding until secretary of state issue a lawful decision.
6.in July,2014 my son was born and we havent heard anything from home office.
7.in October,2014,we all (i,my wife and son) applied for asylum.
8.on 30th April,2015 i have done my main interview at Birmingham.
9. 3rd of may,2015 we all received bio-metric enrollment letter and done it at the post office.
and so on i am waiting for my asylum decision ,its been about an year .
could anyone tell me why its being late and what could be the out come?
please response me,i am totally depressed now a day.

MimiLaBelle
Newly Registered

Post by MimiLaBelle » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello everyone
I have been following this forum for long now but couldn't register before for some unknown reason.
Here is my story and I hope someone can help. I came to UK Sept 2009, claimed Asylum at the airport as hey were trying to return me back to Africa, spent 3 days in detention centre before being sent to Liverpool where I live now. From sept 2009 I had to have a medical report and the centre being in London it took long before being able to make my medical files.
So finally by december 2010 the medical foundation was able t provide Home Office my medical report. I was diagnosed with Post Trauma Stress Disorder. But by the time Home Office received my report political situations changed in my home country (Ivory Coast) so Home Office based their refusal to my asylum in March 2011on that basis and that I could return back home and was given the right to appeal. Which I did with my solicitor, went to court HO had no questions for me, they believed everything but situations have changed in my country so I can go back, Judge had nothing to say too so My solicitor did what they could to put other raisons like weak peace, people still being killed and the new president is not accepted by everyone and the fact ex president is in prison in Hague tensions are still very high even today and also the fact I have made a life for myself here (from zero english speaking to Level 2 English certificate, GCSE MATHS, and was at that moment sitting GCSE English).
The judge still refused to grant me asylum and we were given right to appeal again which I did with my solicitor as they believed in my case and were still representing me. I have been going out with a British citizen and we were living together, he always wanted to get involved but I didn't want because I didn't want to take away what really unite us: Love but finally after being together for nearly 2years we got married in October 2011 and I was still waiting on a date to go back back to court and wasn't hearing anything.
So when I called my case worker to speak to him about changes in circumstances, he told I should put letters and statements, certificates and pictures of my relationships (family, friends, religious) which I did and I was told I could get maybe indefinite leave or other kind of leave if I withdraw my appeal against the HO, then I was doing my Access Course To Nursing so I accepted thinking I may miss out on an University offer if my case hasn't been decided so in April 22 of year 2012 I was granted 3years DL based on failed asylum to later found out I can't use that to go to Uni, first frustration after hard work and sleepless night studying and heavily pregnant, actually gave birth same month I graduated. My friends are now qualified Midwives and Nurses this year and I have been doing care work since my daughter is a year old.
Unfortunately my relationship broke down, I was hanging tied on it because this is my second child, the first one I had him when I was 16 he is fully black, my daughter is mixed race and if that relationship broke down who's going to understand that it is not my fault if things didn't work out. I was verbally, sexually, mentally and physically abused by my ex, but I always protected him, I stayed but there was ONE THING I couldn't accept and that was for him to always say I married him to stay in this country, called me any names in this world, sometimes I wished I was sent back to my country because if this was the price to pay to stay in this country, I couldn't carry on paying it for another 10years and still my man will say my feelings were never genuine.
I am a strong person, lost both my parents when I was a child, I fought to better my life and I am still fighting for it, I put in an application to extend my stay in UK the 16/04/15 and received acknowledgement and everything but 6months now no decision, I am a homecare support worker, I can't control being depressed specially as I am not hearing anything back, I am trying to be brave for my daughter as I am the main carer, she goes to her dad Sat and comes back Sun but there is so much one can take. I applied for an apprenticeship with a Bank and I passed online process, telephone interview and have to go this week coming for the face to face, but I am asked to bring in my passport which HO refused to give me, not even a certified copy, I am going against people that don't have that kind of problems, how is that going to give me a fair chance? Them knowing I have an outstanding application with HO? I was told straight on the phone after the questions to wait 3minutes like and was told you have been successful so they must have been impressed. I just know no one will never tell me it is because of that we can't choose you but defo it can go against me. These people are ruining people lives and they have no idea of how much they do
Sorry for long text but I am very bad at the moments and needed to get it out and share it with some people and perhaps some hope?
many thanks

Tfm
Newly Registered

Post by Tfm » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:29 pm

we are the same situation case still pending since application made 2/03/2015.
I still working under stress my employer have to check every 6 months about my right to work and be a tax,national insurance my name have been take off in the list off family GP.
we are in the same situation where someone have our application in his desk to waste people life.

Tfm
Newly Registered

Post by Tfm » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:33 pm

we are the same situation case still pending since application made 2/03/2015.
I still working under stress my employer have to check every 6 months about my right to work and be a tax,national insurance payer my name have been take off in the list off family GP.
we are in the same situation where someone have our application in his desk to waste people life.
This is a torture simple off that.

MimiLaBelle
Newly Registered

Post by MimiLaBelle » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks my friend
I know it is a bad situation but it feels good to have someone in same situation. I was rejected after face to face interview by Lloyds Bank, I just came back from another face to face interview with Santander, every time you have to sit there in front of other candidates and explain that your passport is with Home Office and that I am waiting on a decision. Who will really give me a chance in those cases?
French is my first language and I got a call from BOSCH yesterday on behalf of Lufthansa to be a French customer service advisor, the woman was very enthusiastic I could start Monday as I had to leave my other job as I was on zero hours contract and paying nursery fees for my daughter. At the end I couldn't afford it, guess what? If I have been able to do tests in English for big companies like Lloyds and Santander and got through all those stages even the telephone interview, that woman because I was honest with her and for my own sake I explained I didn't have a passport, she went off, then came back and told me I have to do a test online before the interview this afternoon, you can't understand the level of my surprise when she cancelled my face to face interview today for 2.30p saying that by my online assessments I am not suitable for the role WHAT???????
Anyway I don't know how long more I can go on with this situation. I have been crying my eyes out so I decided to contact my MP, on the phone tried to explained it but also send an email explaining everything. He said he will contact the Home Office on my behalf, I am not hopeful but hey what choice do I have? NONE