ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will Unspent conviction cause for rejection for extension?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maxflip50

will Unspent conviction cause for rejection for extension?

Post by maxflip50 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm

will Unspent conviction (drink driving) cause for rejection of Visa extension (not for ILR or citizenship), if it's convicted 2 years ago?

I know under new rules LASPO, for unspent convictions you cannot get ILR within three years. With unspent convictions, you are not "good character" for three years.

So, my question is that, can you still extend your visa with drink driving convition? convicted 2 years ago, under new LASPO it is unspent now, but...

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

I think that you may still extend. Check the applicable immigration rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.