ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t_1505
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by t_1505 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks for your reply, any suggestions you can give me now?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:46 pm

i send u PM regarding suggestion .

t_1505 wrote:Thanks for your reply, any suggestions you can give me now?
ss

bilal44
Newly Registered

Post by bilal44 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Finally got my mum's visa Alhamdulilah, after 2 back to back refusals...

bilal44
Newly Registered

Re: mother visitor visa refused please guys i need your help

Post by bilal44 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:31 pm

t_1505 wrote:Dear All

I need your professional help. My father passed away last year in November and after him my elder sister with her husband and children moved to mum's house as she is all alone. Me and my younger sister (who recently came to UK on spouse visa almost 8 months ago) lives in London, I'm on entrepreneur visa.

Now I planned for my mother visitor visa as she is in depression since dad's death I thought may be this trip will be a source of refreshment for her as she is very attached with me. I applied for her visa on 24th August and on 7th September she got her refusal letter.

Below is the list of documents that she provided with her application:

1) Bank statements 5 months (with a regular transaction of 40,000 PKR i.e. 285 pounds which she is receiving after dad's death from the company he worked for as he got some investment in that company) she also got some saving of almost 2500 pounds in the same account.

2) Family registration certificate from NADRA stating names of all of us ( i put this just to show my elder sister is with her in Pakistan living with her)

3) Property documents ( She has a land worth 15000 pounds on her name so we put the evaluation certificate along with property ownership certificate in order to show her asset in Pakistan)

4) letter from the company on their letter head stating that after my dad now my mother is entitled to 40,000 every month.

List of my documents:

1) bank statement
2) salary slips
3) accommodation report
4) Tenancy agreement
5) passport and resident permit
6) My company house report

Conclusion of application:

Sadly she got her refusal yesterday, I am sharing her refusal letter, I want to re-apply but need some help. I will really appreciate your guidance guys.

Refusal letter:

The ECO states that

"I have refused your application for a visit visa because I'm not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph V4.2-V4.10 of appendix V ; because

1) You have applied for a visit visa to visit your daughter in UK for 4 weeks. In order to access your application and intentions, I have to take into consideration your won personal, social and financial circumstances in Pakistan.

2) You state that you are retired and that you receive a total income of 16,116 pounds per month from property and savings, as evidence of this, you have submitted property documents and your bank statements. I note that your income is not reflected in your account. I am therefore, not satisfied that you earn the income that you have stated

In reply to this while filling the online application, in the section where you need to write total monthly income from savings and investments I put 254 pounds i.e. 40,000 PKR and the under this question the next question is total monthly income from properties and rent I put 15862 pounds which is valuation of her property (As there is not a single place on whole application to show more assets or properties) In the end of application I also mentioned that this 15862 pounds belongs to her asset but I am shocked how ECO can calculate this in her monthly even though I mentioned clearly.

3) You are widowed and you have not demonstrated any dependent family members living in Pakistan. You have not satisfactorily evidenced or indicated any assets or property to return to. I'm therefore not satisfied of your intentions in visiting the UK now.

I have clearly mentioned in the application that my sister who is living with my mother is going on holidays with her children so my mother will come to visit me as she takes care of her grandchildren while my sister is on her job. I also provided Family registration certificate from NADRA which shows family ties.

4) I have considered the evidence and information you have provided about your personal and economic circumstances, however I am not satisfied you have shown that your ties to Pakistan are sufficient incentive to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. On balance of probabilities, I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or will to leave the UK after a limited period. Your application for a visit visa is refused under paragraph V4.2 (a)(c) of the immigration rules.

Any further UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual matters, however they may be refused unless :

1) Your personal circumstances change significantly between now and your next application.
2) You provide compelling new evidence with your next application.
3) In relation to this decision there is NO RIGHT OF APPEAL OR RIGHT TO ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW.

Guys please tell me what to do, I am in deep stress and so is my mother. Your help is really important for me. I will really appreciate your help. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Regards
Just write savings and investment 40,000...If You send money to her then You can add that Income from family and friends and attach your receipts of collecting money. Then how much u spend monthly. You know better how much but dont write more than your income. Then 68 is N/A. in 69 just write your ticket expenses.in 70 write whatever you have in your bank account. cost of plane 600GBP.72 and 73 is 0. If anyone sponsoring then it will come in 74 and onwards

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Hello everyone,
I would like a ask a simple question which is been apparently missed from this forum regarding family visitors visa to uk.
Well i am pretty much in the same situation and would like to invite my both parents to come visit me, my Mrs and my newly born daughter.
I would give all the details of when am going to apply but first thing first.
"If i apply for my both parents to come visit me then do i have to make only 1 application for both of them or do i have to make two different applications for each individual?"
An anwer would be appreciated from anyone who knows how this system works or may be those people can answer me who has already applied for their beloved both parents and got succeeded in their mission.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:11 pm

2 different applications will be submitted...one for each parent...however, when they seal the envelope...both go into one!

peerzadatauseef
Newly Registered

Post by peerzadatauseef » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:19 pm

I am in a similar situation. I applied for a visit visa for my mother and it got refused on the basis of weak ties to Pakistan as both of her sons are settled in UK.

ECO wrote:
"In applying for entry clearance as a visitor, the onus is on you to demonstrate that you intend to comply with the terms and condition of your visa and that you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed trip. You state that you are a retired widow with a monthly income of 320 from your pension. from the information provided, you have not demonstrated any family ties to Pakistan, further more I note that you have two sons resident in the UK and on the basis of information provided, I am satisfied that your family ties to the UK outweigh and evidenced family ties to Pakistan. In the absence of any information relating to any properties and assets in your name you have failed to satisfy me that you have sufficiently strong ties to Pakistan so as to credibly demonstrate you will leave the UK at the conclusion of your proposed visit."

I am bit confuse about the real reason, is it her monthly income, her both son settled in UK or lack of property/ assets in her name?

On the assets and properties front :
My mother owns a house and receives two pensions (~ £320 per month). We attached the proof for both and I think ECO does not have issue with the pension but it seems like ECO overlooked the property allotment letter (proof of ownership) from LDA.

Do I also need to attach evaluation of the property along with the allotment letter?

She also has some savings about £15k. Stupidly, I overlooked thinking my sponsorship would be sufficient but I was wrong. This time, I am going to attached letter from Bank for these too.

I also send frequent money to my mother but the transactions are variable and not on a fix date. Will it be positive to mention these in application?

On the family front:

My two sisters live in Pakistan in the same town and one of them lives with her in my mum's house. She also takes care of her. My mother has four grand children (my sister's kids) and three out of four lives with her. Moreover, my mother's brothers and sisters are also settled in Pakistan in the same town.

Can someone suggest how to demonstrate above ties or what evidence other than a cover letter from her can be used to demonstrate strong family ties?

Thanks In Advance
Ptms

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:48 pm

plabo wrote:2 different applications will be submitted...one for each parent...however, when they seal the envelope...both go into one!
Cheers @plabo for you answer, much appreciated.
Well does this mean i have to fill in two applications online as well as paying for two applications and make two appionments? If yes then it sounds a bit hassle! What if you can not get two applionments for the same day or time worst case scenario.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 pm

alijee86 wrote:
plabo wrote:2 different applications will be submitted...one for each parent...however, when they seal the envelope...both go into one!
Well does this mean i have to fill in two applications online as well as paying for two applications and make two appionments? If yes then it sounds a bit hassle! What if you can not get two applionments for the same day or time worst case scenario.
yes u will have to fill in 2 seperate applications, pay seperate fees and make 2 appointments...it is not a hassle...u will get 2 appointments for the same day...my parents have applied from Gerry's Karachi and i filled in their applications...got an appointment for the next day...infact same time for both of them..they have plenty of appointments...at the most u might get 10 minutes apart..but definitely for the same day..easiest and sensible way is to complete both applications 1st, when booking for 1st applicant appointment, make sure following time slot is empty...pay for the visa, secure appointment and then go onto the next application...pay, secure the next appointment...

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:01 pm

plabo wrote:
alijee86 wrote:
yes u will have to fill in 2 seperate applications, pay seperate fees and make 2 appointments...it is not a hassle...u will get 2 appointments for the same day...my parents have applied from Gerry's Karachi and i filled in their applications...got an appointment for the next day...infact same time for both of them..they have plenty of appointments...at the most u might get 10 minutes apart..but definitely for the same day..easiest and sensible way is to complete both applications 1st, when booking for 1st applicant appointment, make sure following time slot is empty...pay for the visa, secure appointment and then go onto the next application...pay, secure the next appointment...
Thank you again,
What documents did submit for your parents ? As my father is a farmer and mother is full time house wife,, my father has a bank statement for about 30 lakh plus we have some properties on my fathers name. Only my dad has already visited UK couple of times back in 90s and he did return back to pakistan on time tho plus both mu parents went for Hajj last year, do u think this might help to boost up the application ?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Thank you again,
What documents did submit for your parents ? As my father is a farmer and mother is full time house wife,, my father has a bank statement for about 30 lakh plus we have some properties on my fathers name. Only my dad has already visited UK couple of times back in 90s and he did return back to pakistan on time tho plus both mu parents went for Hajj last year, do u think this might help to boost up the application ?
the only document from my end was a covering letter stating that I work in the UK with £ gross annual salary stated (am on a Tier 2 work permit so have also attached a copy of my BRP) and will be taking care of their stay in the UK, whilst on the application details have stated that my parents are paying for the trip and not me...they have only attached bank statements showing they can afford the trip...it is not sensible to show ur own bank statements as this proves that they will not be able to support their trip to the UK and possibly stay over...no other documents attached apart from my covering letter, their applications, passports held in last 10 years and bank statements...btw, they are applying for the 1st time to visit UK

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:05 pm

plabo wrote:
Thank you again,
I really don't think going for Hajj makes an application any better...but I strongly suggest that when u fill their application, in Qs 64, say yes...then in Qs 65 write the amount of interest they earn from their savings (30 lakhs) convert in GBP, and then in Qs 66, write a sensible figure based on what interest they are getting on their savings..lets say if 30,000 Rs, write a figure less than that...showing that they r not 'hand to mouth'...Qs 67 write a sensible figure based on earnings, Qs 68 write 750 pounds (ticket price approximately), Qs 69 write 1000 GBP may be..Qs 71 and 72 write 0.00 and in Qs 73 write NO

The main thing they r looking for is that what is coming into the bank account and what is going out of it...they are NOT interested if your father has land worth BILLIONS of rupees even b/c that is not in cash...they want to see cash deposit!

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:20 am

plabo wrote:Hi All,

I live in the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa since 2012.

My parents have applied for a 6 month General Visitor visa from Karachi.

31/08/2015 - submitted application and paid online
04/09/2015 - parents appointment in Gerry's Karachi (VFS Global)
08/09/2015 - email confirmation from Abu Dhabi (This email is to notify you that your UK visa application is now being prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer)

Will update as needed.
12/09/2015 - received call from home office for verification questions (Saturday)

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:13 pm

plabo wrote:

My parents have applied for a 6 month General Visitor visa from Karachi (1st time application)

08/09/2015 - email from Abu Dhabi (application under assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer)
12/09/2015 - I receive call from home office for verification questions (Saturday)
15/09/2015 - received email that father only needs to attend interview at Gerrys Karachi

fatima-ahmed

Post by fatima-ahmed » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:16 am

AOA plabo,

How your father's interview went? was it telephonic or Skyped?
what questions they asked?

all the best for your parents visa!

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:29 am

fatima-ahmed wrote:AOA plabo,

How your father's interview went? was it telephonic or Skyped?
what questions they asked?

all the best for your parents visa!
WS,

It was done by video spam_do_not_click_here. They asked the same q's again from him which are on the application form and some more like how long do you intend to stay, what do your other children do, does your son send any money to you, how long has your son been in the UK, now you are retired; what were you doing before?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:30 am

plabo wrote:
plabo wrote:

My parents have applied for a 6 month General Visitor visa from Karachi (1st time application)

08/09/2015 - email from Abu Dhabi (application under assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer)
12/09/2015 - I receive call from home office for verification questions (Saturday)
15/09/2015 - received email that father only needs to attend interview at Gerrys Karachi
16/09/2015 - father attends interview at Karachi Gerry's

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:39 am

18/09/2015 - I called from UK on visa tracking number by paying £1.37/min, informed by representative that decision has been taken on application, however no email yet from Abu Dhabi (Friday)

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 pm

I received a same email.visa app sent to Abu dhabi as app was not a straight forward app. i had three visas on my passport. 1 x 6 months visa followed by two 5 years visas in the last 10 yrs. visited UK 7-8 times. this time applied for 6 months as the fees for 5 yrs are exuberant and i visit after 1 to 1 1/2 yrs. seems they're going to reject it. btw all my family...parents,brothers n sisters wife, kids whole paternal and maternal side are UK citizens living in UK. I myself am a UK born national who renounced his citizenship :P . I never gave a written sponsor letter in my previous applications so didn't do this time either. strange it wasn't written in the things to deposit with app! or maybe I overlooked it. they called my father in law saying that they were calling from British consulate Pakistan and inquired whether he had sponsored anyone from Pakistan (I regularly get my visas endorsed before expiry of the previous one and never inform other family members as its a routine affair) my father in law said if you don't tell me who the application is for then how can he confirm that..he told them that he had not sponsored anyone in writing :p seems that's what pissed em off and sent my visa for more enquiries.

strange they didn't tell who the visa application was it for. it was after 2 days in routine chit chat that my father in law narrated that he got a call from BHC Islamabad and were asking if he had sponsored anyone then when my family asked me in routine whether I had applied for a fresh visa i replied in an affirmative. that's when the worry started and now got this email on 16 September. seems its NO this time :P . BTW my 5 yr visa is valid till 14 Oct. if they reject the visa still can go for a few wks :p lets see (i plan a 4 wk visit next month). you never know they might wait till the visa expires and then hand back the passport ! ill keep the group informed.
visa application submitted on 1 Sep
application confirmation email 4 Sep
Enquiry from my father in law 10 sep
Application not straight forward email 16 Sep

Final decision awaited ....

P.S .. ive checked some rulings on ECO (entry clearance officer) duties and its said that they cant usually reject the visa app till the time the sponsor doesn't give in writing that he would not sponsor the applicant ...General grounds for refusal
Entry clearance: discretionary refusals Rule 320 (14)... also a sponsor may not be required if the visit if for a few weeks...

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct= ... US0-Talk_A

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 pm

plabo wrote:

18/09/2015 - I called from UK on visa tracking number by paying £1.37/min, informed by representative that decision has been taken on application, however no email yet from Abu Dhabi (Friday)
18/09/2015 - emailed UK visa tracking website and got same reply by email "I have tracked the status and found that the application has been processed and a decision has been made.

Now awaiting official email from Abu Dhabi and then collection email

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:54 pm

but then I think it has a lot to do with the mood of the specific ECO. if he's picked up a fight with his boss or wife then he/she would make the smallest of issues a big reason and vice versa if he/she's in a good mood then he/she might let you off on a major shortfall :lol: :lol: . or could be that all the costs of illegal immigrants who get lost in the UK are recouped from the millions who apply for a UK visit daily across the world. imagine how much that would add up too..£90 per person minimum! reject it 2-3 times and make £180-£270 from one person per trip ! :p the first time applied for a 5 yr visa was in 2004 and the cost was around £50 for a 5 yr visa !! 8) now if I'm not wrong its £624 for a 5 yr visit visa :shock: :shock:

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:32 pm

just for info of all. ive read in a different forum that when the email for collection of documents reads

1st email : GWF***** Dear Customer,
This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.

then it usually is an indicator that the visa has been rejected and if the email reads something like:

Your application has been concluded and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: Please await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given

then its usually an indication that the visa has been approved :)

so concluding...when they write DEAR then its not a good news :p

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:25 pm

zunny wrote:just for info of all. ive read in a different forum that when the email for collection of documents reads

1st email : GWF***** Dear Customer,
This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.

then it usually is an indicator that the visa has been rejected and if the email reads something like:

Your application has been concluded and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: Please await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given

then its usually an indication that the visa has been approved :)

so concluding...when they write DEAR then its not a good news :p
If you read the numerous threads on this forum itself:

Processed: Visa issued
Concluded: Visa refused

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:33 pm

plabo wrote:
If you read the numerous threads on this forum itself:

Processed: Visa issued
Concluded: Visa refused

double thumbs up

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:59 am

18/09/2015 - I emailed UK visa tracking website and got same reply by email "I have tracked the status and found that the application has been processed and a decision has been made.
20/09/015 - email with subject " UK visa application - GWF 1234567 " from UKVisas.pleasedonotreply@fco.gov.uk received stating: Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been concluded.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi