ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 July court decision on minimum income threshold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irfan0611
Newly Registered

5 July court decision on minimum income threshold

Post by irfan0611 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 am

Hi, My Brother applied spouse visa from Pakistan in April 2013 and last week he received a letter from UKBA and informed him that due to 5 July court decision on minimum income threshold they have temporarily paused some of the applications and this might delay in consideration his application.
I searched over the internet and my understanding is that UKBA paused his application because he might not pass the financial requirements. His wife work in UK and earns £19,600 per year but at the time of application she was in employment for 7 months and she did not have any job prior to this job. She is still working with same employer and has been there for a year now.
Can someone please advice us what should we do? should we write UKBA and provide additional wage slips with bank statements or should we wait for their decision?
UKBA has appealed against court decision this might take months!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 am

She should be ok. However, two questions,, is she salaried? And in the 6 months before her application, what was the lowest Gross monthly income?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

irfan0611
Newly Registered

Post by irfan0611 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:37 pm

she was employed 7 months prior to application date and she earned £1600 gross income each month.

The letter my brother received from Home office it stated,
"The Home office has temporary paused decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications to enable us to consider the implications of the judgment. Unfortunately this may result in a delay in consideration of your application."

My concern is why they used the word some NOT All applications is this category![/u]

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 pm

So long as the minimum Gross wage slip for a month in the preceding six months was £1600, that would be a Gross annual salary of £19200 and thus the application should not be paused due to the financial requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

irfan0611
Newly Registered

Post by irfan0611 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:07 pm

D4109125 wrote:So long as the minimum Gross wage slip for a month in the preceding six months was £1600, that would be a Gross annual salary of £19200 and thus the application should not be paused due to the financial requirement.
I don't see any reason too, I am really confuse why they paused my brother's application.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't think the application has been paused I think it's just a standard letter send to current applicants is it not? Did they send allthe specified evidence!

irfan0611
Newly Registered

Post by irfan0611 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:21 pm

D4109125 wrote:I don't think the application has been paused I think it's just a standard letter send to current applicants is it not? Did they send allthe specified evidence!
No, just one page letter informing us that due to court decision they paused some apps and this may delay in our app.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Then unless they say your case is paused you shouldn't be worrying.