ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about overstay partner of British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bukola1

Leger migrant

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi my people,

I will really appreciate your reply on this issued that is giving me less sleep

I want to try give my Secon wife paper I devourece my ex eea wife since 2013
And in couple of month now I will become a British I have my citizen ceremoni
Ahead and I don't know what kind of application or rout to use for my wife
As I don't want take her to Nigeria as we know that is not easy to grant and it take
Time too and we have been living together since 2013 July to date I have couple of prove of address on her name and she have not get children yet that is the rout I should have use she is in
The country since 2007 before I meet her so I don't know which rout to use and I will be British soon and I will really appreciate reply on this issued thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leger migrant

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:32 pm

What is her current visa/immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

At the moments she have no current visa at all as she come true france by bus then
But have manage to get her Nigeria passport so pls what u things I can do for her or should I wait until she have baby pls help and advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:51 pm

She cannot apply for a spouse visa in the UK. She has to return to Nigeria and apply there.

How long have you been married?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:54 pm

3years plus

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Bukola1 wrote:I devourece my ex eea wife since 2013
Did you marry your current wife before or after getting a decree absolute of divorce from your your ex eea wife?

Is your current marriage registered or was it a church/Islamic/religious wedding ceremony without registration of marriage?

You mentioned that she entered the UK by bus through France. What visa did she have at that time and when did it expire?

It sounds to me like your wife could possibly apply for FLR(FP), which would lead to ILR in 10 years time.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Agree with secret.simon and interested to know the answers to his questions too,

Much easier for her to return home and apply for a spouse visa. She then needs 5 years residence before she can apply for ILR.

Her years without legal status will mean it will be a long time before she can apply for citizenship. She will possibly be eligible for citizenship 10 years after she has legal status.

Do you earn a minimum of £18,600pa?

Has your wife been working in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:09 pm

I meet her here she come in without visa just drop at train station
Then.

And we have not do Leger married yet yet we just live together for 3plus now with prove
Of cohabitation and I start live with her after recieve my decree absolute.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

You cannot marry in the UK.

You cannot even apply for an unmarried partner visa, again she would have to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:14 pm

So, she is not your wife, she is a partner who lives with you in a relationship akin to marriage.

Do you or she have any children?

What is your current nationality?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 pm

No children apparently and the poster is 'awaiting BC soon'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

We are on fatality treatment at the moment and yes she is my partner
And I en more than £19000 par year.

And I will become British in couple of month currently I old Nig Pali with PR or should I
Just wait till she have baby.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Broadly, I do not see any grounds for even an FLR(FP). She is not your wife and does not have any children who are British or EEA citizens. She has never had any leave to remain in the UK.

It could be argued that as both of you are Nigerian, you can have a family life together in Nigeria.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm

I will become British in couple of month. Any way thanks I will wait till she have children.
Thanks once again

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:17 pm

The route to settlement with an 'anchor baby' has become far less likely to succeed. Why can't she return to Nigeria, marry there and then apply for a spouse visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Nig is not a good place to ang up to I can't risk that to let are go I know as
Soon as she gave a child I will fight it to finish one my sn is British and also a British they have no Upton to not grants her thanks fingers cross.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:48 pm

I hope that you are paying for ALL her NHS and medical treatment. She is not allowed to use any of the free NHS services.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Bukola1 wrote:Nig is not a good place to ang up to I can't risk that to let are go I know as
Soon as she gave a child I will fight it to finish one my sn is British and also a British they have no Upton to not grants her thanks fingers cross.
There is many a slip twixt cup and lip.

You seem to be counting a lot of chickens here, including that the relationship lasts, that a child is conceived/born, that paternity is accepted by HO (even father on bc is no cast-iron proof of paternity these days), that HR applies in case of anchor baby & etc.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:46 am

Bukola1 wrote:Soon as she gave a child I will fight it to finish once my son is British and also a British they have no Upton to not grants her thanks fingers cross.
What if she gives birth to a daughter instead?

And what will you do if that 'finish' ends with your partner getting deported to Nigeria?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:55 am

I have to ask....what exactly is a 'Leger migrant'? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 am

Casa wrote:I have to ask....what exactly is a 'Leger migrant'? :?
So much for minimum language requirement :shock:

Bukola1

about overstay partner of British Citizen

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:01 pm

please, my fellow member, I will really appreciate a good advice from the senior member.

I am a British Citizen gain this year through EEA rough
my partner is and overstayer we have been together since 2012 living at the same
address, am thinking of which rough can I use to apply for her that won't though me and UK border
or which application I can use so that she can gain are stay. please, i will really appreciate advice asap.

Casa

Re: about overstay partner of British Citizen

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:12 pm

There isn't any easy route for an overstayer due to you having British citizenship.

Assuming you can prove you have been in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for the required 2 year period with the documented evidence to support this (shared finance and bills, joint tenancy etc) she should return to her home country and apply for an unmarried partner visa from there.

I'm assuming you don't have children together?
(Casa, not CR001)

Bukola1

partner of british citizen

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:41 pm

thanks so much casa we have been living together for more than 2 years and we have our name on utility but not on tenancy and banks and she have no one to stay with at home as are father have passed away and are the mum is no wear to fund.

Bukola1

Re: about overstay partner of British Citizen

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:42 pm

I Casa really appreciate ur reply me and my partner have live together for more than three years
and we have proved of address together we have water and cancel tax landline gas-electrics.

please I will really appreciate ur reply