ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation laws and requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jon.Mason

Accomodation laws and requirements

Post by Jon.Mason » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi everyone

I was just wondering, for a spousal visa for my Moroccan wife, what are the accommodation requirements?

We have a son who will hopefully get a British passport, I presume he will need to be factored into the accommodation assessment?

Can we just get an agreement from a Landlord that he will lease me a property once my wife arrives? Since the visa may take months, I don't really want to waste money on a property big enough for all of us until she actually gets a visa. Im currently in a shared accommodation with just a room.

Can I have a letter offer from a landlord along with an assessment stating the property on offer is suitable? Or does the contracts need to be signed and me being located in the property before I make the application?

Also, who can make the property suitability assessments and what are the criteria? Just so I can select a suitable property

Jon.Mason

Re: Accomodation laws and requirements

Post by Jon.Mason » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I looked at this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... t6227.html

So as its me, my wife and our son, my understanding is that I will need 2 rooms (e.g. 1 bedroom and 1 living room) and each room needs to be above 50 square feet and cant include bathrooms etc.

So I would need to look for a 1 bedroom flat and measure both rooms. Each width/length of the room should be above 7foot.

Does that summarise what I should look for when looking at a potential property?

I have a reasonable income (35k) but want to spend as little as possible whilst fulfilling the requirements, as I want to save for a mortgage and property purchase medium term.

Can I just secure a promise of property or do I need to sign contracts, pay rent and live in the property?
Last edited by Jon.Mason on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Accomodation laws and requirements

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.