ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address Requirements for spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yoursbyheart

Address Requirements for spouse Visa Extension

Post by yoursbyheart » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Dear All
i hope this email finds you well.
i just have few queries regarding the spouse visa extension which are troubling me so i thought to ask you even though it is very early.

it is regarding the spouse visa first extension after the initial grant of 33 months visa/entry clearance. I am really having a hard time understanding the 6 proofs of address requirement for the last two years when i apply for her extension. she only has one bank account(statement received quarterly), one provisional license and a couple of letters from DWP(her NI number application etc.) which makes it 3 proofs
we are thinking of opening a joint bank account but even then she will be short (1 joint + 3 individual) so we need two more? Or is it the case that they consider bank statements from different periods of time as individual proof of address? i know it has to be from 3 different sources but totally confused about the details. NHS does not send medical cards anymore so that is not an option, cannot have bills on our name as we live as tenants(only my name on tenancy agreement along with other two housemates, cannot add hers) and she doesnt have a mobile contract so that option is not helping either. please advise !

Another question is if i do not meet income threshold at the time of applying, can we include her earnings also? and do we need to have any savings? i read somewhere(cant remember where) that a couple should have a certain amount remaining each week after all expenses, is that correct?
and in case if she is not working at time of application and i do not meet the income threshold, can we apply under 10 year route or does she have to go back.

Lastly if i apply for any benefits (although i cant at the moment as my income is above 18k per annum), how would it affect my wife's future visa applications?

your help is highly appreciated, look forward to your expert advise.
And so sorry for my always long emails.

Kind Regards,

Casa

Re: Address Requirements for spouse Visa Extension

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:05 pm

yoursbyheart wrote:Dear All
i hope this email finds you well.
i just have few queries regarding the spouse visa extension which are troubling me so i thought to ask you even though it is very early.

it is regarding the spouse visa first extension after the initial grant of 33 months visa/entry clearance. I am really having a hard time understanding the 6 proofs of address requirement for the last two years when i apply for her extension. she only has one bank account(statement received quarterly), one provisional license and a couple of letters from DWP(her NI number application etc.) which makes it 3 proofs
we are thinking of opening a joint bank account but even then she will be short (1 joint + 3 individual) so we need two more? Or is it the case that they consider bank statements from different periods of time as individual proof of address? i know it has to be from 3 different sources but totally confused about the details. NHS does not send medical cards anymore so that is not an option, cannot have bills on our name as we live as tenants(only my name on tenancy agreement along with other two housemates, cannot add hers) and she doesnt have a mobile contract so that option is not helping either. please advise !

Another question is if i do not meet income threshold at the time of applying, can we include her earnings also? and do we need to have any savings? i read somewhere(cant remember where) that a couple should have a certain amount remaining each week after all expenses, is that correct?
and in case if she is not working at time of application and i do not meet the income threshold, can we apply under 10 year route or does she have to go back.

Lastly if i apply for any benefits (although i cant at the moment as my income is above 18k per annum), how would it affect my wife's future visa applications?

your help is highly appreciated, look forward to your expert advise.
And so sorry for my always long emails.

Kind Regards,
Proof of joint address is required by submitting 6 pieces of evidence in joint names, spread as evenly as possible throughout the full 2.5 year period from at least 3 different sources.

A good rule of thumb is one piece every 4-5 months. If you are unable to submit 6 in joint names, you will need 12 in single names. Anything with a name/names, address & date will be acceptable.

£18,600 p.a income is required, but this can be joint earnings.

You don't need to maintain a credit balance in your bank account.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yoursbyheart

Post by yoursbyheart » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Dear Casa

thanks so much for your reply, we would have both our names on joint bank statement(once opened) only. So as per your clarification below if we live at one address on all this time, i can send them 2 of our joint statements(different periods) 2 of her own/individual bank statement(different periods), her driving license and a letter from DWP, this should be enough for her, right? please correct me if i am wrong

Also can you reply the following part ?

"and in case if she is not working at time of application and i do not meet the income threshold, can we apply under 10 year route or does she have to go back?
Lastly if i apply for any benefits (although i cant at the moment as my income is above 18k per annum), how would it affect my wife's future visa applications?"

additionally i heard that there are some new rules coming in play that appeals will not be allowed within UK and the appellant will have to go back to their native country, does that apply to spouse visas as well, can you shed some light on that?

kind regards,

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:51 pm

yoursbyheart wrote:Dear Casa

thanks so much for your reply, we would have both our names on joint bank statement(once opened) only. So as per your clarification below if we live at one address on all this time, i can send them 2 of our joint statements(different periods) 2 of her own/individual bank statement(different periods), her driving license and a letter from DWP, this should be enough for her, right? please correct me if i am wrong
If in single names, your wife needs 6 and you need 6.

"and in case if she is not working at time of application and i do not meet the income threshold, can we apply under 10 year route or does she have to go back? FLR(FP) Partner route, but no guarantee of success, even more so if you don't have children.
Lastly if i apply for any benefits (although i cant at the moment as my income is above 18k per annum), how would it affect my wife's future visa applications?" Tax credits must be claimed in joint names. How much are you earning? Is it above £18,600? :?:

additionally i heard that there are some new rules coming in play that appeals will not be allowed within UK and the appellant will have to go back to their native country, does that apply to spouse visas as well, can you shed some light on that? From the 1st December appeals will be heard outside of the UK.

kind regards,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yoursbyheart

Post by yoursbyheart » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks again for your reply.

If in single names, your wife needs 6 and you need 6. yes i am aware we need 6 on each name but i do have bank letters and other things i am only concerned about my wife, please advise if the above 6 items from her are enough or not really?

"and in case if she is not working at time of application and i do not meet the income threshold, can we apply under 10 year route or does she have to go back? FLR(FP) Partner route, but no guarantee of success, even more so if you don't have children. oh thats bad news, so even 10 year route will not fit if income threshold is not met?
Lastly if i apply for any benefits (although i cant at the moment as my income is above 18k per annum), how would it affect my wife's future visa applications?" Tax credits must be claimed in joint names. How much are you earning? Is it above £18,600? :?: yes, my current income is 19k per annum ATM and my wife is working as well but random hours

additionally i heard that there are some new rules coming in play that appeals will not be allowed within UK and the appellant will have to go back to their native country, does that apply to spouse visas as well, can you shed some light on that? From the 1st December appeals will be heard outside of the UK. thats even more bad news so in case her spouse visa extension is refused, she will have to leave the country, no other way?

kind regards,

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Not sufficient if less than 6 for your wife. I'll leave you total them up.

Income. Why do you think you don't have sufficient income with £19,000 p.a + your wife's earnings? :?

You can apply for FLR(FP) Partner route if you don't meet the minimum income level, I've simply commented that it isn't guaranteed to be approved.
(Casa, not CR001)

yoursbyheart

Post by yoursbyheart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Casa wrote:Not sufficient if less than 6 for your wife. I'll leave you total them up.

Income. Why do you think you don't have sufficient income with £19,000 p.a + your wife's earnings? :?

You can apply for FLR(FP) Partner route if you don't meet the minimum income level, I've simply commented that it isn't guaranteed to be approved.
Thanks for your reply again
sorry if i was not clear enough, i meant for my wife if we have the following:
1 & 2. Two bank statements for her individual account(for instance 1 for january and 1 for july, does these count as two or just one?)
3 & 4. Two bank statements for joint account(for instance 1 for mar and 1 for september, does that count as two or just one?)
5. her DVLA(provisional)
6. letter from DWP(NI confirmation)

plus 6 more items on my name, is that sufficient or not?

my wife is just working temporarily and will be quitting the job in few months time(or when we have a new member of the family) so the sole income i will be relying on is my current job and just to give you a background, things are not good at my current work so i might have to go for another job with basic salary(i.e. 7.20 per hour) that is why i asked these questions as well

noted that i can apply for FLR(FP) but there is not guarantee on it, so given that the new rule will be in play from 1st Dec, will my spouse have to leave the country if it is refused?

lastly are there no benefits which i can claim under my name only and in both cases i.e. my name or joint names, how does it affect her visa extension?

apologies for so many questions, just trying to understand the rules and working out my options right now.
your help and guidance is highly appreciated.

yoursbyheart

Post by yoursbyheart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:23 am

Hi Casa

please reply, when you can.

thanks.

yoursbyheart

Post by yoursbyheart » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi

can anyone please respond.

Thanks,