ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult dependent relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahussa

Adult dependent relatives

Post by ahussa » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

hello,

Some advise please.

Know of someone who wants to call mum and dad over from china. they are elderly parents, and want to come to the uk indefinately.

Does it matter if the sponsor is on benefits?
What about english requirement for parents?
if sponsor not on benefits then what income threshold does sponsor need to show on average for the two parents?

appreciated

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Read this topic on bringing your parents to the UK. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 am

hi

i have looked at the guidance. The only concern i have is the maintenance funds. I know that i dont have to meet the finabncial requirement but what i want to know is that how much should i be showing for maintenance for the five years.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 am

You're NOT concerned by the personal care clause???

That would be my main concern ... because if you can show too much maintenance - then the clause about it being affordable in the home country kicks in.

But - to answer the question - the applicant is going to need to show the traditional minimum amounts (where the exact number escapes me) - it's around £120 per week spare.

It's a catch 22:

Do parents need personal care such that they require help to do anything? Yes ... can you afford to keep them here in the UK? Yes ... therefore you can afford to pay for their care in the home country.

M.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

This is the guidance for children. I am not sure how it applies to parents.

You must have an income of at least £18,600.

If you are sponsoring a child as well as a partner you will need an income of at least £22,400.

For each additional child being sponsored you will need an additional income of £2,400. For example, if you are you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have and income of £22,400 and £2,400 for the additional child, so a total of £24,800.

You will be required to provide documents to show that you can meet the financial requirement. The way you meet the requirement will be different, depending on whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Well there is no care available to them in china. they are really elderly. There is Dr evidence to show that they need day to day care with everyday life. No family back home that can take care of them.

There is obviously no English Language Requirement is there?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm

No care available - so there is no one around who could be paid to take care of them?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

You have no real chance of their settlement as home-help, nurses, carers, etc. can be bought for peanuts in China.

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56 pm

yes but the point is that they require day to day care which is a requirement in the guidance issued by ukba.

Has anyone had a visa granted as adult dependent relative?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 pm

ahussa wrote:yes but the point is that they require day to day care which is a requirement in the guidance issued by ukba.
Yes, absolutely, but that is not to say this has to be performed by you in the UK. A minimum wage helper in China fits the bill perfectly. Same here in Brazil where you can see all the old being wheeled around the parks by nurses wearing white uniforms.

kvsmendes
Newly Registered

Re: Adult dependent relatives

Post by kvsmendes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Luca, can you help me?

I´ve applyed for my visa on 14th February. On 21th February I received an email from Rio de Janeiro saying they started to process it. It is passed 2 weeks after this email and nothing. We had the carnival hollyday on 3,4 and 5. Even so, I read in this forum that usually after they started to process the visa, it doesnt take more than a week if documents are ok. Please, can you give some advise? Do you think that this is happening maybe because they are not satisfy with my documents? If this is the case, do they get in touch if something is missing? I´m waiting for them to call me since 21/02, but nothing. I´ve applyed as dependent relative of my sister. They didnt call her either.

Thanks,
Karla