ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for Marrige time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Advice for Marrige time

Post by Shackleton_e » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 pm

My Fiancee is currently under a Tier 2 visa and we are planning to marry.

However her Visa expires near the end of this year and I am searching for a job that meets the Spousal financial requirements.

We had discussed which options to take eg (Marry on her current visa before it expires) however due to our religious background we are thinking that it might be better to (in the worst case situation) return to her country and then apply for a fiance visa and spousal visa when I am able to meet the requirements and we can be together permanently.

As you know the whole excursion is extremely taxing on us both, am I being foolish and adding more pain on us both? What is the most sensible option?

Many thanks

(PS I started another thread and never thanked the contributor, Thank you!)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice for Marrige time

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:40 pm

If you marry in the UK, your partner can use their salary to meet the financial requirement to switch to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Post by Shackleton_e » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 pm

We are currently living in different countries within the UK.

Im in N.I and she is in England. So this complicates that solution.

My original question still stands, I was wondering what would be the best choice of time considering our situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:16 pm

My advice remains the same if you choose to marry in the UK.

It is your choice where you wish to marry, forum members cannot make that decision for you.

If your spouse applies outside the UK, then only YOUR income is taken into account.

If she applies to switch within the UK, either or joint income can be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Post by Shackleton_e » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Sorry if I have confused things,

Our plan is to be in the UK. We are not planning to marry anywhere else.

My question was in regards to wheter marrying before her visa ends (if I cannot meet the requirments and she has to return to her country) is wiser that her visa expiring, returning home and then us going throught the UK Fiancee and Marrige visa route. I am aware of the requirements,

I am not asking for anyone to make a decision, just opinions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:34 pm

If you marry before her visa expires, she can use her income or your joint income to meet the requirement but ONLY if she applies to switch visas WITHIN the UK.

If she applies for any settlement visa (fiance or spouse) from home country then ONLY YOUR income can be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)