ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sezanlou
Newly Registered

Advice needed please

Post by Sezanlou » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 am

I have lived in Turkey for almost 5 years. I met my partner here almost 4 1/2 yrs ago and we have lived together for the last 4 yrs.

Due to family commitments I need to move back to UK within next 10 mths and obviously my partner will want to come with me.

First question, will it help if we are married as opposed to how we are now?

second question, do I have to be in UK and have everything set up and then he applies? Or can we apply to come to UK togethef?

I currently have a small private pension based on ill health which amounts to £350 Per month. Will i be able to get benefits to top this up? and how does this work? I understand if I get PIP which has replaced DLA I am exempt from the financial requirement but surely this means I am recoursing to public funds? I really don't get this at all?

Thanks for any help

Casa

Re: Advice needed please

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:38 am

You are permitted to claim any benefits that you would normally be entitled to, but not your partner. There is little difference between applying for an Unmarried Partner Visa as opposed to a Spouse visa as long as you have strong evidence of relationship 'akin to marriage' covering a minimum of 2 years. However, you will need to have everything in place to meet the financial condition before applying for a settlement visa. This will mean that without annual earnings of at least £18,600 you will have to rely on being granted disability benefit which may take some time to assess.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sezanlou
Newly Registered

Re: Advice needed please

Post by Sezanlou » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks Casa, it seems I will have to return to UK alone to apply for PIP and then apply for a visa, by the time I have done all this the family commitment will probably be over! I wish I could just stay here, so much easier!