ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my wife visa - regarding marriage certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tam123
Newly Registered

Applying for my wife visa - regarding marriage certificate

Post by tam123 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi,

I am from afghanistan and am British citizen, I want to apply for my wife's visa(spouse visa). I have few concerns/questions

In afghanistan they write the dob e.g. 22 years of 2012. The dont write the whole date. Then when translated to English they write same thing.

this is something I noticed on my marriage certificate as well.

On translation of my marriage certificate they have written my dob properly e.g. 22/08/1990 as they took that from my British passport. But for her they have written it as 22 years of age on 2012...because her certificate of birth is like that and marriage certificate is same too.

Do you think this is going to be a problem? If not should I explain this on the application form?

Or do you think when applying for her afghani passport I should tell them to write the proper dob?

I need your advice on this matter urgently please.

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 18, 2012 10:16 pm

The Embassy will go by the date of birth in her passport not by the marriage certificate.

It is quite normal in that part of teh world to put the age of the bride/groom on marriage certificate not DOB.

It is important to give full date of birth in passport

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm

The Embassy will go by the date of birth in her passport not by the marriage certificate.

It is quite normal in that part of teh world to put the age of the bride/groom on marriage certificate not DOB.

It is important to give full date of birth in passport