ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my wife to the UK from Cuba

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gravystain
Newly Registered

Bringing my wife to the UK from Cuba

Post by gravystain » Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I have scoured the threads on the forum but am struggling to find something that fits my cirtcumstances, so I apologise in advance if I am repeasting a previous thread, and if so, please point me to it :-)

My girlfriend and I are planning to marry in Cuba before the end of this year, in order for her to leave the country. Can anyone tell me the rough order of events that she and I will need to undertake in order to obtain a marriage visa here in the UK. I hear conflicting reports. For example a good friend of mine brought his girlfriend here from the Phillipines one year ago, but he says she didn't have to take the English exam...

I am a tad overwhelmed with all the information out there, much of which isn't relevant to my case, so If anyone has experience of what I am trying to do, please can you help, it would be hugely appreciate.

All the best,

Graham.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Start by reading these pages. When you have read everything, ask questions about what you don't understand.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

gravystain
Newly Registered

Post by gravystain » Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Start by reading these pages. When you have read everything, ask questions about what you don't understand.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/
I'll check it out - many thanks!