ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing Wife's Child to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waitinggame52
Newly Registered

Bringing Wife's Child to UK

Post by waitinggame52 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:35 am

Hi,

I am a British Citizen by birth.

My Wife is a Russian Citizen with 2 years leave to remain as a spouse.

We both work and claim no benefits, plenty of money coming in, good accomodation etc.

We want to bring my wife's 4 1/2 year old child to the UK to live with us. The father has no objection and is happy to sign that she has sole responsibility for the child. He provides no money and does not support the child in any way. The child is staying temporarily with my wife's mother, the childs grandmother, in Russia.

I know we apply using online vaf4 and then go in to submit evidence at the vac in russia, but please give ANY advice on:

evidence / documents / photos required
how to prove sole responsibility to the ECO's satsifaction
any other points you might think of!

thanks,

never done this before,

thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.