British National Overseas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, Administrator, sbrennan

British National Overseas

Postby czy101 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:29 am

I just read the below article from the News forum here, and I wonder if it's still true, and if this is the condition that the Home Office is referring to:

Look forward to your reply!

British Overseas Citizens
29 August 2002

British Overseas Citizens are now allowed to come to the United Kingdom.

The Home Secretary has announced that those British Overseas Citizens who currently do not hold, and have never given up another nationality will be given an entitlement to register as British citizens.

Applications should be made at the nearest British Consulate.

---------------------End of News----------------------------------------------
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:01 am

Postby Kayalami » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:27 pm

Yes the government amended the rules to allow various groups of British Citizens without the right of abode e.g. British Overseas Citizens etc to acquire British Citizenship and have the right of abode in the U.K.

There are several criteria to be met particularly that for former BOC's which require them to be stateless and that such is not self inflicted by statement or action. Other than that your query is somewhat vague and a further decription of your status would help respond more accurately.
Diamond Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:01 am

Postby czy101 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:48 pm

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:01 am

Return to Immigration for family members


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IrishCdn and 75 guests