ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I apply by Premium Service 28 Days before 30 Months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashrafman

can I apply by Premium Service 28 Days before 30 Months

Post by ashrafman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello every one,

Thank you for your helps.

my wife has a 33 months spouse visa started in 23 Jun 2014 first entry to UK is 19th September 2014 visa expire in 23 March 2017,
I would like to book the premium service 28 Days before my Wife completing the 30 Months in UK?
I don't want the extension visa to be expired before my wife complete the 5 Years.
second question is how many months the extension visa will be valid? will it be 33 months same the first visa?

any helpe.
thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: can I apply by Premium Service 28 Days before 30 Months

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Yes you can apply WITHIN 28 days before visa expires. New visa will be issued from date of appointment or shortly thereafter, it is not dated from the day after expiry of current visa.

Extension will be for 2.5 years only. 33 months is only issued for visa applied from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashrafman

Post by ashrafman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi Croo,
thank you for your reply.
did you mean that in my case I can't take an appointment 28 days before the Visa expiry Date?

Just to let you know that my wife will complete the 30 Months 6 Days before the the Visa Expiry Date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes you can apply WITHIN 28 days before visa expires. New visa will be issued from date of appointment or shortly thereafter, it is not dated from the day after expiry of current visa.
Or 2.5 years residence. It DOES NOT have to be on the 28th day before but anytime within the 28 day period. I cannot understand why applicants always seem to want to apply exactly on the 28th day before, thereby giving themselves such a tight window in terms of qualifying period for when you get to ILR stage (the difference of one single day can make a big difference).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.