ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can me[Norwegian] move to UK with wife[Filipina] ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tsushi
Newly Registered

Can me[Norwegian] move to UK with wife[Filipina] ?

Post by tsushi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:13 pm

I'll try to make this short.

I currently live in the Philippines and i have been here for two years now. I'm living together with my filipina fiance. We're not married yet, but will be. I'm gonna live here for at least another year.
Since it's hard for me to further my career while in the Philippines i kinda have to move unless i wanna be in the same 1.line IT job forever.

So, naturally i want to bring my fiance. We can't move to Norway together because my annual income is just below the crazy income rule set by Norwegian Immigration. So instead we have been thinking about maybe moving to the UK since i'm an EEA national. I can most likely get a job there within IT networking, been working hard on certifications etc.
She have a bachelor degree and is working in the insurance industry here in Manila.

I have been trying to look for answers, but there a lot of confusing information and it's hard to be sure of anything. Can anyone tell what the major hurdles are ?

KarmaPolice
Newly Registered

Re: Can me[Norwegian] move to UK with wife[Filipina] ?

Post by KarmaPolice » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 pm

there's an 18600£ annual income requirement. Also, you'll need to prove your relationship is 'genuine and subsisting' and your fiancé should speak english

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 pm

You can exercise your treaty rights and bring her the UK free and without a visa - just apply for a UK Family Permit - Google it. You'll be applying under EU rules not UK rules.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am

Wanderer is correct - Karmapolice is incorrect. The £18,600 income is only a requirement under UK rules, not EEA regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tsushi
Newly Registered

Post by tsushi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 pm

I've read up on it now. Thanks !
Kind of unfair that it's harder for UK nationals to bring someone in.