ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Carers Allowance & Carers Credit. Is it the same?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

angel2762
Newly Registered

Carers Allowance & Carers Credit. Is it the same?

Post by angel2762 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 am

I am currently in the process of arranging an application for a spouse visa to the UK under financial exemption rules. I am currently on ESA (£125), Carers Credit (£34) and part time job (£100) a week. Total weekly £259, I have no expenses.

My father is in receipt of Attendance Allowance and I claim Carers Credit (Carers Allowance) for him. However as I am claiming ESA there is an overlap of benefit when claiming Carers Allowance. Although I have a underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance, I am instead entitled to Carers Credit.

Given I have the underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance but receive Carers Credit am I still able to apply under financial exemption rules?

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Re: Carers Allowance & Carers Credit. Is it the same?

Post by Laughing-Gas » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Home office not interested in "underlying" entitlement or overlying entitlement.

The only thing they are interest is in, whether you get the qualifying benefit/(s) that exempt you from minimum income requirement. The answer has to be in "Yes" or "No".

angel2762
Newly Registered

Post by angel2762 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks for your reply. I understand the Home Office will not be interested in technicalities. As you have said there will be a yes or no. Given it is a slight grey area I was hoping to get more confirmation.

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Post by Laughing-Gas » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

angel2762 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I understand the Home Office will not be interested in technicalities. As you have said there will be a yes or no. Given it is a slight grey area I was hoping to get more confirmation.
With all due respect, I do not see anything grey. It all in black and white.

Home office is very much interested in technicalities, and that is where you fail the test. UKVI has a list of benefits that exempt you from mim. What benefit you get is not on that list. That's it. I do not see that there is anything else to it.