ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Tier 4 visa to spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olax985
Newly Registered

Changing Tier 4 visa to spouse Visa

Post by olax985 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of advice please. Basically, I am currently on Tier 4 at the moment which will expire in first week in october 2015. However, my boyfriend of two years has proposed to marry me(so excited) and he has ILR. As the rules to marriage change on the 2nd of March(28 days notice). We both have booked to see the authority. However, I was reading regarding application after the marriage ceremony that I need to hold a visa valid for 6 month. Although, if everything goes to plan and we get married by end of May and apply immediately, that means I only have 4 months left on my Visa. Can we still make the application or will I have to leave the country to make the application from my country?

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Ta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Tier 4 visa to spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:21 pm

But in September last year you were applying for naturalisation???

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member/olax985/posts/
olax985 wrote:Hi,

I just need a bit of advice similar to urs pls. I am due to apply for my british naturilization however I have been out of the country for more 549 days. I have been in the country since year 2000 and got my ILR in 2005. Most of the days absence were family holidays and university trips which was required as part of my course.

The most significant abscence was 18month (Sep 2011-March 2013) I spent in Africa(Nigeria) for my National youth service which is required of most Nigeria graduate to take so as to work in the country or for future political reasons. Although this was only for a year. The other 6month was spent travelling around West Africa. Prior to that, the total number of absence was less than 90days in total.

My question, if I apply and list all the time spent outside the country with prove of my Nysc letter for the one year period. Will my application will be accepted or is it best I wait till the times have lapsed?

Your reply will be appreciated.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.