ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born to british father and Indian mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sbrudra
Newly Registered

child born to british father and Indian mother

Post by sbrudra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 am

Hi , my son was born on 13th November while i was on ILR, i obtained my Naturalization on the 23rd December
, now i applied for my British Passport, i could not bring my wife to UK coz her visa got rejected and than due to pregnancy she has to stay back home, Now can i apply for British passport for my son or register him as a british citizen or do i need to take an indian passport and get a visa from India , i studied all mixed opinions on this topic , so decided to escalate my doubt on this forum , could anyone help me out please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child born to british father and Indian mother

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 am

Where was your son born, in the UK or in India?

If the child was born in India the child is not British because you were not British at the time of his birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbrudra
Newly Registered

Post by sbrudra » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 am

Thankyou for the response , the child is born in India not in UK. So if i want to bring him to Uk do i need to get
a visa on Indian passport which is the normal procedure, or do we have any other procedure , please help me out. Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:45 am

The child will need the same visa as your wife - spouse settlement visa which is a 33 month visa initially. 5 year route to ILR. Both will need to pay the immigration health surcharge (£600 each) and your need to meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbrudra
Newly Registered

Post by sbrudra » Sat May 07, 2016 4:01 pm

while filling the VAF4A form for spouse settlement they asked if you have a dependent child, and enter their details, do we need to fill in another application for the child --if ''YES'' which application form and how they are linked, VAF4A online form does not even ask if the child is travelling with you. can you please advice the form needed for child dependent and do i need to pay fee separately for the child too.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 07, 2016 5:03 pm

As your wife's visa appeal is still awaiting listing at the AIT, you would be best off reapplying for her spouse visa and adding the child as a dependent.

To summarise the situation, the child will be on the same visa as the mother and can be registered as a British citizen when the mother naturalises. Till then, s/he would need an Indian passport to travel.

You will need to show earnings of £22,400 to account for the child.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.