ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

copy of marriage certificate ok? - SPOUSE VISA UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kwsnbrg
Newly Registered

copy of marriage certificate ok? - SPOUSE VISA UK

Post by kwsnbrg » Tue May 24, 2005 11:54 pm

is sending in a CERTIFIED copy of your marriage license ok for a spouse visa?

im trying to get things done as quickly as possible and my states clerk office said they could only give me a certified copy of the certificate on the day of my wedding and then mail out the original copy (which would take two weeks.

ps, we are getting married in the US and settling in the UK.

John

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2005 7:06 am

Probably best to clarify that with the local British Embassy or Consulate to see whether that meets their requirements.

A certified copy? Well anyone marrying in the UK, that is all they ever get! (Anyone doubting that should read their marriage certificate.) That is, the entry in the Register in the UK is always held at the Register Office or place of marriage, and the marriage certificate is merely a certified copy of the entry in the register.

So that is clearly OK in the UK, and I would presume also in the States, but best to check with the embassy/consulate.
John