ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court of Appeal dismisses Article 8 challenge to ADR rules

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkhan2525

Court of Appeal dismisses Article 8 challenge to ADR rules

Post by mkhan2525 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 pm

New judgment handed down yesterday 24/05/17.

secret.simon

Re: Court of Appeal dismisses Article 8 challenge to ADR rul

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Interesting judgment. Does anybody know if this will be appealed further to either the Supreme Court or to Strasbourg directly?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:10 pm

They are going to appeal further to the Supreme Court and have applied for permission to do so to the COA.

I personally do not see this case succeeding at the Supreme Court given the courts dim views on family life and reluctance to strike down Immigration rules as we have seen in the cases of MM and Bibi.
So what's next? We have applied directly to the CoA for for permission to appeal further up. They however pretty much never cede this. We then have 28 days from judgment date to apply to the Supreme Court.
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/ ... gment.html

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Would it not make more sense for them to appeal directly to Strasbourg? They may be able to skip the Supreme Court if there is “no real prospect of success”.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 31, 2017 10:30 pm

secret.simon wrote:Would it not make more sense for them to appeal directly to Strasbourg? They may be able to skip the Supreme Court if there is “no real prospect of success”.
Both course of action are not mutually exclusive. It once was but not anymore.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors