ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent parent who is not financially dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jalal.din

Dependent parent who is not financially dependent

Post by jalal.din » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi,
I am trying to bring my widowed mother in law aged 67 to come and stay with us in uk, this is due to her current health and emotional needs. She have reasonable income from saving certificates. my questions are can I

1. jointly sponsor with my wife (my wife is house wife and don't work). I have reasonable income and spare bedroom at home
2. sponsor her even when she is not financially dependent on us?

thanks in advance for your help and kind regards,

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Can you pay someone to look after her in your own country?

Can she cook and dress herself?

jalal.din

No, she is unable to

Post by jalal.din » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm

No she can not cook but can dress with some help. Although she can afford to pay someone herself but primarily she needs emotional support as well. My father in law passed away recently and she is very distressed. She is heart patient and need comfort of company. There is no relative in home country to take care or regularly visit her unfortunately.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Her emotional wellbeing is not a condition the UK immigration system cares about. They are more worried she is a potential burden on NHS.

I don't think she can come here on ILR as long as someone (does not have to be family) can look after her, you can read the new rules and decide for yourself.

You may be able to get here here for 6 months as visitor visa provided she can prove she will go back home due to strong emotional ties. Or you can leave the UK and go live with her.

I'm sorry but your case is just one of many:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=110182