ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

document required for work permit'spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nalia63
Newly Registered

document required for work permit'spouse

Post by nalia63 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:12 am

Hi,

I am a work permit holder's spouse looking for a job in the UK. I don't have a letter from the Home Office that establishs my status, just the stamp on my passport that according to this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/defaul ... ageid=1165
give the information about my right to work here. Some recruiters ask for a "work permit". Is not enough the stamp?

Thanks.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue May 04, 2004 4:52 pm

Irrespective of whether your visa was issued overseas or in the UK it should have references or otherwise to employment authorisation. If it doesn't say 'employment prohibited', 'work and any changes must be authorised' then you are allowed to work. You can write to the Home Office for a status letter but it may not be with you before X-Mas. Not all employers are familiar with the stamps - even some immigration officers are confused. I have seen some ask people at the Port of Entry - 'what is your specific UK status' as the stamps are sometimes not very clear apart from indicating validity and broad category e.g. can work. Of course the IO may be deliberatley verifying your identity - after all you should know your UK status.

Print out the link and take it to interviews - of course mention 'work permit' not required in your CV ideally adjacent to the nationality details. You need to also carry copies of your hsuband's WP, Leave To Remain stamp and marriage certificate to establish the relationship.

nalia63
Newly Registered

Post by nalia63 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:34 am

Thank you Kayalami for your reply, I will include a sort of explanation in my CV, I expect that works :roll:

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed May 05, 2004 9:46 am

If you need a letter confirming your immigration status in the UK, you should write to:

Immigration and Nationality Directorate (ICD)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>